PDA

View Full Version : Feeding an anenome

maddmaxx
02-07-2006, 09:30 AM
I have a new 3 - 4" anenome. I have been feeding him raw shrimp. My question is how much and how often should I feed him?

Thanks!!

SDFISHMAN
02-07-2006, 09:33 AM
I feed my RBTA 1 silverside a week..

dhuynh
02-07-2006, 09:40 AM
Once a week if you want it to grow. If it's too big already, stop feeding it and it'll shrink. Twice a week if you want it to really grow.

I feed mine twice a month.

SHROOM
02-07-2006, 03:33 PM
I feed mine lobster on Sunday and shrimp on Wednesday. Oh, I have to feed my wife the same so she won't get jealous :D

WanaLeime
02-07-2006, 03:35 PM
I feed mine lobster on Sunday and shrimp on Wednesday. Oh, I have to feed my wife the same so she won't get jealous :D

HAHAHA...THAT WAS FUNNNNNNNY!!!!!!:D

maddmaxx
02-08-2006, 09:22 AM
Thanks, Got me laughing early in the day :D

Thanks for the other replies too.

If I feed him shrimp once a week how much? (Cant afford Lobster :p )

Maxx

phishphood
02-08-2006, 12:10 PM
Just a side note, if you have shrimp in your tank, don't feed too large of a chunk. I just saw my cleaner pull out half a silverside from my anemone while it was in the process of digesting it.

SHROOM
02-10-2006, 12:39 AM
Thanks, Got me laughing early in the day :D

Thanks for the other replies too.

If I feed him shrimp once a week how much? (Cant afford Lobster :p )

Maxx

OK, I cut an 1/8" slice and feed mine once a week. He is about 5-6".

lucubrator
02-10-2006, 01:12 AM
Just a side note, if you have shrimp in your tank, don't feed too large of a chunk. I just saw my cleaner pull out half a silverside from my anemone while it was in the process of digesting it.

I put a 3/8" slice of silverside in my anemone last night, and saw a peppermint picking at it tonight. I hate those little greedy shrimp *******s. I don't recall seeing it pull out smaller things though (e.g. table shrimp slices, brine shrimp)

Nigritude
02-10-2006, 08:24 AM
It also depends on what they like better. For example, one of my anemones is happy to eat silversides but the other one is a little nit picky. It takes in the silverside but spits it back out pretty quick. I would suggest watching your anemone when you feed it. Get to know your anemonomenene!