PDA

View Full Version : GG flatworms

Dakota
02-06-2006, 03:59 PM
Okay, so ignoring the fact that I've nuked my tank THREE times with FwE w resutls that only last a month or so (I used 50% more than recommended on the third nuke), I have a question:

My chaeto is dull and dying. Can flatworms (those which are residing within the chaeto) kill it, or harm it? If so..... does anyone have any chaeto they could mail me. I'd gladly re-imburse the $2.50 or whatever it is to priority mail it in a baggie. . . and I guess I'll nuke it AGAIN!! and find a damned velvet nudi. . . can't find them ANYWHERE around here.. oy.

Zoojosh
02-07-2006, 09:53 PM
I myself currently have an outbreak of flat worms in my tank and I found some velvet nudis at Octopus Garden. With tax it was only like $15 and some change. Hope that might help.

Dakota
02-07-2006, 10:53 PM
unfortunately..... I'm 180 miles north of OG :( Otherwise I'd have two... But knowing they are only $15 DOES help. Thanks!

Phischy
02-08-2006, 08:23 AM
eric-
I've had FW for awhile. My normal procedure is to suck as many of the little *******s out as possible, wait a day, siphon them out again, and then use 1/2 the container of FWE on my 40 gal. I then take a powerhead and while the juice is potent I create a cat 3 storm inside my tank, making sure to blast into all thenooks and crannies to powerwash everything in the cleaning goodness of FWE. I usually spend about 10 m inutes doing this.

My FW usually come back within 6 months though.

This time around, I'm going to nuke my tank with the above procedure and then wait two weeks, and hit it again even if I don't see any of 'em. It only takes one to repopulate my tank so I figure a double nuke 2 weeks apart ought to catch any survivors that have come out after the holocost. maybe this time I can eradicate 'em all. I hear 6 Lines will also chow on 'em.

MrKrispy
02-08-2006, 09:47 AM
if the chaeteo is dull/dying maybe it is serving its purpose!

Dakota
02-08-2006, 09:50 AM
if the chaeteo is dull/dying maybe it is serving its purpose!

That would be a possibility, but the annoying caulerpa I have in my display is growing quite nicely, and I'm trying to erradicate it.... without removing the rock.. it's sort of in an annoying spot.

Maybe I'll give a 6 line a shot.... as for nuking your tank that heavily, do you run carbon during/after treatment??

Phischy
02-08-2006, 10:44 AM
yeah, I use ChemiPure after the bugs start to melt and curl up into boogers. I only have LPS and softies in my tank so I've never had an issue with corals reacting negatively to the worm juice so I hold off on putting the carbon in until after I've hurricaned my tank for awhile.