PDA

View Full Version : and Super Bowl XL MVP is .................

luistwentyone
02-05-2006, 08:18 PM
THE OFFICIALS.

and why don't these announcers have the balls to say it like it really is ?

the Seahawks clearly outplayed the steelers but had to be held back by the steelers defense (the officials)

one or two controversial calls I can live with, but a whole games worth ?

swissfish
02-05-2006, 08:21 PM
AFC won and the refs really sucked. on the seahawks TD and on the first Steelers TD the refs wanted to signal the right thing and then they seemed to remember to signal something else.

Reefer Addict
02-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Yep, the officials sucked!!

bigdog
02-06-2006, 10:08 AM
Made me so mad!!!!! **** I hate games that are ruled by the REF to be honest I went into the game going for either team but by the time if was over I feel like I witnessed a robbery!

mmoore0803
02-06-2006, 10:29 AM
I'll admit there were some questionable calls but c'mon....what calls determined the outcome of the game?

reef
02-06-2006, 10:35 AM
the Seahawks clearly outplayed the steelers but had to be held back by the steelers defense (the officials)

Maybe in the first half. I think they really pulled it together in the second half.

kaisersoza
02-06-2006, 10:47 AM
I'll admit there were some questionable calls but c'mon....what calls determined the outcome of the game?

I don't like either team but here are the three most glaring missed/incorrect calls that directly affected the outcome..

#1- taking away the Seattle touchdown for supposed pass interference
#2- giving Rothlisberger the touchdown when he clearly did not break the plane of the goal
#3- Holding call in the third quarter to negate a substantial gain to the 1 or 2 yard line- announcers mentioned that they didn't see any holding. The penalty yardage led to a 50 yard field goal attempt that was missed.

This would be change the outcome from 21-10 to 14-17 Seattle or if Pittsbugh scored a field goal 17-17
There were probably 3 other missed or blown calls that went Pittsburghs way. I felt sorry for the Seattle fans.

mmoore0803
02-06-2006, 10:57 AM
okay....and I'm sure this is biased (huge Pitt fan) but...

#1 He pushed off....if anything was controversial about that play it was the PI before the push...watch the replay on the push...he impeded the coverage

#2 That one was extremely questionable...but...does the edge of the ball cross the edge of the goal line...personally I couldn't tell...but like I said I am biased....It went up to the replay and they saw nothing that would overturn the call...now if it had gone the other way and he was ruled down...would that call hve been overturned...I doubt it...too close to call

#3 That was holding...you can't take a lineman down by grabbing his shoulder pads and call it good blocking...I have no idea what Madden and Michael's saw.

Little Luey
02-06-2006, 11:08 AM
okay....and I'm sure this is biased (huge Pitt fan) but...

#1 He pushed off....if anything was controversial about that play it was the PI before the push...watch the replay on the push...he impeded the coverage

#2 That one was extremely questionable...but...does the edge of the ball cross the edge of the goal line...personally I couldn't tell...but like I said I am biased....It went up to the replay and they saw nothing that would overturn the call...now if it had gone the other way and he was ruled down...would that call hve been overturned...I doubt it...too close to call

#3 That was holding...you can't take a lineman down by grabbing his shoulder pads and call it good blocking...I have no idea what Madden and Michael's saw.

#1 Before the supposed pushoff, the DB held the WR so if anything it should have been a Holding penalty. Watch that reply again just as the Wr is entering the end zone.

#2 I guess it could have gone either way but it sure did not look like it made it to the line.

#3 There are holding penalties on every play on every game but it only counts if the refs call them. Very inconsistent, called some but not others.

I do have one question:

Where was the leage MVP? he was a no show. If he had a good game things would heve been different.

Reefer Addict
02-06-2006, 11:11 AM
I don't like either team but here are the three most glaring missed/incorrect calls that directly affected the outcome..

#1- taking away the Seattle touchdown for supposed pass interference
#2- giving Rothlisberger the touchdown when he clearly did not break the plane of the goal
#3- Holding call in the third quarter to negate a substantial gain to the 1 or 2 yard line- announcers mentioned that they didn't see any holding. The penalty yardage led to a 50 yard field goal attempt that was missed.

This would be change the outcome from 21-10 to 14-17 Seattle or if Pittsbugh scored a field goal 17-17
There were probably 3 other missed or blown calls that went Pittsburghs way. I felt sorry for the Seattle fans.
You forgot the one where Ike Taylor intercepted Hasselbeck deep in Pittsburgh territory. Hasselbeck stopped Taylor at the Pittsburgh 29 with a perfectly executed form tackle across Taylor’s knees. The refs flagged Hasselbeck for illegally “blocking” Taylor across his knees and gave the Steelers 15 additional yards. He was tackling the guy not blocking!

I am not a fan of either team. I would be saying the exact thing if the teams were reversed.

luistwentyone
02-06-2006, 12:59 PM
"okay....and I'm sure this is biased (huge Pitt fan) but"

ok, this killed yoru argument.

FACT is the officials (missed) calls DID have an effect on the outcome, PERIOD.

rothlis...... clearly did NOT make it in. no doubt.

anybody see a horse-collar tackle in the game ? why was it not called ?

mmoore0803
02-06-2006, 01:15 PM
rothlis...... clearly did NOT make it in. no doubt.

anybody see a horse-collar tackle in the game ? why was it not called ?

Clearly? I have yet to find anyone say he was "clearly" not in.

luistwentyone
02-06-2006, 01:22 PM
"I have yet to find anyone say he was "clearly" not in"

ME !!!!!

as well as John Madden and the other goober announcing the game.

mmoore0803
02-06-2006, 01:28 PM
Madden and his sidekick (Michaels...the goober) didn't say he "clearly" didn't make it in....although you did say 'clearly'...okay 1 guy ;)

And how many points did the officials take off the board?

Oh, and to admit one's biases does not negate an argument...as you are clearly biased towards the other side of said argument

Limbo
02-06-2006, 01:46 PM
This is coming from a die-hard Charger fan with NO preference on who won yesterday.....

If the crappy officiating wasn't a factor in the game's outcome......

....EVERYONE wouldn't be talking about it today (not only locally, but nationally).

A few bad calls are expected in each game, but it was obvious that the officiating was one-sided.

I hate games that are decided by the officials. Feel bad for the Seahawks, and what might have been.

J

swissfish
02-06-2006, 01:47 PM
Well I wanted the steelers to win but how can you be happy with a win like that?

This was clearly the worst officiated superbowl ever.

SDFISHMAN
02-06-2006, 01:49 PM
Anyone lose any money on this game???

swissfish
02-06-2006, 01:51 PM
I wasen't exided about the superbowl at all and diden't bet one cent:)

luistwentyone
02-06-2006, 01:54 PM
"And how many points did the officials take off the board?"

kaisersoza
02-06-2006, 01:59 PM
"And how many points did the officials take off the board?"

At the least

Limbo
02-06-2006, 02:03 PM
It's not all about points,....but pressure and momentum....

..if the score was closer at the end of the game, the game would have played out MUCH differently....each team would have called different offenses and defenses,.....

..and Seattle wouldn't have been pressured to score twice at the end of the game, but possibly only once.

There is no way to predict alternate outcomes of a game when the officials F it up so bad. That is why poor officiating is so frustrating.

Anyway,...who cares,.....GO BOLTS in '06 !

Jim

GoTakuF1
02-06-2006, 03:37 PM
Anyway,...who cares,.....GO BOLTS in '06 !

Jim

Amen brother Jim!

mmoore0803
02-06-2006, 04:24 PM
6? When did 6 go up on the board and then were taken off? It was an ugly game...but what's a superbowl without some controversy?

I won $$$....time to go get a controller...BTW Premium Aquatics has their special on the ACjr with temp probe, pH probe, and DC 8 for $275.....it is a board dedicated to reefs after all ;)

luistwentyone
02-06-2006, 08:19 PM
if you missed the TD called back, you drank too much.

and as my thread is titled, someone else agrees with me, check it out:

http://www.patsfans.com/bob/display_story.php?story_id=2933

mmoore0803
02-06-2006, 08:58 PM
No....I saw a ball caught after the player pushed off the defender and a flag thrown on the play....no points were taken away....it was a penalty

He's still mad his Patriots lost and isn't seeing or thinking clearly ;)

and to quote from your own article: "but back judge Bob Waggoner threw a flag and never signaled touchdown."

sacredfire
02-06-2006, 09:44 PM
Sooooo,

How bout them Padres?

mmoore0803
02-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Mike Piazza baby.....maybe this year they can do it

swissfish
02-06-2006, 09:58 PM
unless the empires screw them:D :eek: ;) :D :mad:

mmoore0803
02-06-2006, 10:01 PM
ok....where r the starwars emotes?

luistwentyone
02-07-2006, 11:12 AM
Piazza !!!!!

Towers signed an over-the-hill, way past his prime body, an even filled out his social security benefits form for him during the signing ceremony.

mmoore0803
02-07-2006, 11:38 AM
Piazza !!!!!

Towers signed an over-the-hill, way past his prime body, an even filled out his social security benefits form for him during the signing ceremony.

:D :D :D :D :D :D That's funny

MrKrispy
02-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Candice Michelle should be the MVP