PDA

View Full Version : internet corals and frags???????

shoddyk
02-03-2006, 08:49 AM
What is the cheapest place to buy good coals and frags online? I am haveing trouble finding the local websites. Thanks

GoTakuF1
02-03-2006, 02:01 PM
On the main forums page, check the bottom half for Sponsors. "Cheap" and "good" are relative terms so good luck :)

Dakota
02-03-2006, 03:54 PM
What is the cheapest place to buy good coals and frags online? I am haveing trouble finding the local websites. Thanks

LOL, ME!! ha.. too bad I'm still not in SD. . .

jharr
02-03-2006, 04:38 PM
http://frags.org

Sometimes there are deals here.

swissfish
02-03-2006, 11:08 PM
Most of the online places seem cheap untill you have to pay for shipping. Buy localy save $$$$$

Little Luey
02-04-2006, 05:48 AM
Shipping is the killer when buying on-line. You may want to go to the frag swap and save the $$$.

shoddyk
02-04-2006, 08:05 AM
Little Luey - I noticed that you are located in Yuma Az. You are the first person that I have seen online from out here. I don't think there are many people out here that are into saltwater tanks. Where do you go to get your livestock?

Little Luey
02-04-2006, 08:18 AM
You are right Shoddyk, I think there is only 2 of us out here, Barcochris and myself. We order stuff on line a lot but shipping is painfull; Chris and I have been talking about doing a raod trip either to San Diego or Phoenix for livestock. When I stocked my 20gal I went to Phoenix to get stuff, It worked out good because I also when there to get my family to the airport.
Hey, I just realized you are from Yuma also, we have to get togheter one day. So there are 3 SW guys in town then. Cool.
Our options in town are very limited unfortunatly. Maybe you know what happened to Arizona Coral Company.

Therapy
02-04-2006, 06:12 PM
what are you looking to buy...bet someone here has it for sale!

MFR
02-04-2006, 07:14 PM
& by far the healthiest & best adaptive ones were from liveaquaria.com & their "homegrwon" stuff. They change the frag variaties often so keep lookin till you see some you like. Shipping is like $22, they are fully encrusted & with 30 day money back guarantee you can not go wrong.

MFR

Barcochris
02-06-2006, 05:30 AM
You have PM

shoddyk
02-07-2006, 11:29 AM
Barcochris and Little luey----I moved here a month ago from San Diego where it was really easy to get stuff. So far I have been buying all my livestock online and I have spent at least $300.00 on shipping charges from the different websites. I have been into the hobby for 1 year now and I am very addicted. I just set up a 125 gallon reef tank with a 60 gallon sump. It has 200lbs of liverock, 3 Blue tangs, 3 Yellow tangs, 1 Gold rim tang. 1 Pink spotted Shrimp goby, 8 Green chromis, 1 Chocolate chip starfish for my Harliquin crab, 1 mated pair of Gold Striped Maroon clownfish, 2 large cleaner shrimp, 5 giant clams,75 snails, 75 hermit crabs, and a few other crabs. There are about 50 different corals and everything has been bought online. I thing I am going to take a break from buying livestock for a while. I figure I will frag out some of my stuff as soon as it gets large enough. I would also like to set up a few other small tanks and try breeding my Maroon clownfish if possible. How long have you been into saltwater?

Little Luey
02-07-2006, 07:02 PM
I have been is SW for the last year and a half or so, used to have a 90gal back in NW Indiana but now in Yuma for the last 7 months or so I live in an appartment and on a 3rd floor, so the largest tank I am allowed to have is a 20gal. Chris and I have been talking about a road trip to a LFS but I think we will just wait for the Frag swap to get stuff. I personally hate paying S&H when getting stuff, I like to see my livestock when i purchase it do I do not enjoy the on-line thing much; but Chris is an e-bay monster.
Maybe we can show each others tanks one of this days, I like to see and talk fish with anyone most of the time.
Where in Yuma do you live? Are you in the military?

shoddyk
02-07-2006, 07:24 PM
I am in the Marine Corps and I live out in the Foothills. I guess you can put in a special request order at the pet Store in town and the can order stuff for you. Pets Plus is the store but it doesnt look like they know too much about saltwater tanks from the look of theirs.

Little Luey
02-08-2006, 05:52 AM
LOL, my feelings precisely. If you order from them just ask them to leave the fish in the bags, do not let them put the fish in their tanks. Chris had some very interesting experiences with them on this.
I live in town, of 4th ave.

Barcochris
02-08-2006, 12:48 PM
I am in the foothills also, I am afraid of pets plus because there tanks seem to be nasty all the time. I needed a bucket of salt and they hit me for 59 dollars. SOB'S. I have been into sw for about 8 mths now and FW for a long time before that. Have you ever ordered for pets plus? was it a good experience? good to meet you

shoddyk
02-08-2006, 01:43 PM
I have not bought any livestock from there and I don't plan on it in the future. What size tank do you have?