PDA

View Full Version : Remove my damsels

D_moran13
12-23-2014, 02:16 PM
Hey guys, I am starting to get some more expensive fish in my 110 gallon tank and I have a yellowtail damsel that is a pretty aggressive little guy. When I got my Lawnmower Blenny he was always putting his find up and trying to get the Blenny away. He would always pick on him and I'm starting to get more value in my tank. What should I do with my Yellowtail?

slicktoppomp
12-23-2014, 02:36 PM
Hopefully you can catch him. Those guys are monsters.

SmilinAvnger
12-23-2014, 04:20 PM
Feed it to a shark.

XO PRESENTS
12-23-2014, 04:27 PM
Try the soda bottle trick, I have included a link to show you how to make the trap, make sure you starve your tank for a few days. Hopefully you can catch the bugger, best wishes..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrHYR-LVH2g

jkennedy1007
01-05-2015, 01:18 PM
just go lucky or what, recently caught and pif 'ed me 3 stripe damsel no problem!
my tank is a few gallons less but here is how I did it.

have a kent marine extender scraper that has a yellow line across it right above blade.
This fish hated it!:curse:

I got a large RED net!
"orange will work too...fish eyes are not sensitive to this colors in-particular"

Threw the scraper end itself which is bright yellow,
into the RED net....Had that fish in the sump in no time.

my :2cents:

XO PRESENTS
01-05-2015, 01:37 PM
During my first experience with my ex lovely three striped damsel... I was about 25 gallons less by the time I caught the son of a gun... but it was only a 30gallon cube.. lol... :crazy:
just go lucky or what, recently caught and pif 'ed me 3 stripe damsel no problem!
my tank is a few gallons less but here is how I did it.

have a kent marine extender scraper that has a yellow line across it right above blade.
This fish hated it!:curse:

I got a large RED net!
"orange will work too...fish eyes are not sensitive to this colors in-particular"

Threw the scraper end itself which is bright yellow,
into the RED net....Had that fish in the sump in no time.

my :2cents:

Jhuneke
01-05-2015, 02:51 PM
DIY bottle trap FTW.. Has worked every time.. Just put in a chunk of Mysis and BOOM! Works great :)

Rudyg308
02-24-2015, 10:15 PM
Good luck bud. I had to drain my whole tank also. Just like XO PRESENTS