PDA

View Full Version : Needs calcium reactor info

suver569
06-09-2004, 06:28 PM
Anyone got a good link, or any good info about calcium reactors. I'm noticing that this is a pretty big factor to healthy tanks, but havent been able to invest till now. If anyone has info, that would be great!

timd99
06-10-2004, 08:39 AM
I have the Korralin 1502 on my 180 as well. I love it, but I am having a frustrating time dialing it in. Very well built though.

Hey Chap, do you have problems dialing in your drip rates? Mine seem to be fine, and then a few days later they seem to slow down. Can you give me some idea of drip rates you are using, and bubble counts? I know every tank is different, but I just need a ballpark idea. Are you testing effluent Ph and alk levels? :confused:

Definately recommend the same Marine Depot package. That was the best deal I could find, and its an awesome setup.

timd99
06-10-2004, 09:58 AM
I have a tee off the return line. I think my effluent drip rate is too high, as I am dripping almost 100 per minute with about 15 bubbles a minute. I KNOW I dont have as high demand as you, as I have mostly softies at this point.

ALk is at 10 dkh in tank and about 420 calcium. But then my drip rate will change over a few days, and whack everything out. I think I am still in the fiddling mode, I might have to try the feed pump instead of teed of the main.

thanks for the info.