PDA

View Full Version : something is eating my snails!!!!

SDbaby
09-07-2014, 03:27 PM
I have 2 black and white occelaris clown and 5 banggai cardinals with 2 peppermint shrimps and all my snails and hermits were fine.

i added a dwarf rusty angelfish and a aipatasia eating filefish and a watchman goby with 10 cerithe, 10 nerite, 5 nassarius and 1
cleaner shrimp and suddenly all the snails are dead. although the snails i've recently added where seriously really small. i will never order online again. bluezoo aquatics sucks! i'd rather spend a few more cents on my cleaners and get them at a much bigger size at my local fish store.

So even one of my big nassarius from before is now dead. all the small ones from blue zoo actuatics are dead too.

i dont know why. all water parameters are good. is it the filefish? i never see him get close to the snails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funkateer_1
09-07-2014, 03:32 PM
+1 on bluezoo sucking haha.

Its probably the file fish taking them out or hermits if you have any

SDbaby
09-07-2014, 04:50 PM
i have a lot of hermits but my nassarius and other snails live with them peacefully until i added the ones i ordered from bluezoo.

the ones i have before were definitely bigger. the snails and hermits from bluezoo is like smaller than a pea!

this sucks if its the filefish! i ordered him to get rid of my aiptasia and he isn't even touching them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SBGrad24
09-07-2014, 08:18 PM
How did you acclimate them? Inverts can be very sensitive and need to be acclimated slowly, preferably using the drip method.

It also looks like you have added 10 fish to your system very quickly, so your levels could be out of whack. I would recommend that you slow way down or you risk losing everything.