PDA

View Full Version : Would you frag this?

timd99
06-08-2004, 07:02 PM
I have a finger leather that is about 5 years old, and is almost 2 feet across.

I have only fragged xenia, which is a no brainer, and I would like to make room in my tank.
Would you frag this, or keep it as a "showpiece"? It had about two fingers when I got it. The leather is literally dripping of the rock due to its size.

Anyone want to help me? You can make your own frags if you like.....

http://members.cox.net/timd99/Img_0310.jpg

The turbo in this pic is HUGE, but he is dwarfed by the leather.....

http://members.cox.net/timd99/Img_0311.jpg

WHat would you do? :confused:

MarLooney
06-08-2004, 08:49 PM
if it were up to me i'd frag the hell out of it... but that's just me. mwuahahhahaha...

honestly, i don't think that'd make a good "showpiece."

timd99
06-08-2004, 09:37 PM
I agree, its not a showpiece - thats kind of the problem. Its a finger for criminy sakes. Not all of us can have glory corals Mar.... :)

Pardon my stupidity, but should I just take an xacto to it, and treat it the same way as xenia? stick it on a rock and wait?

I just want to make sure before I cut it up. Im sure the fish store will take them for trade. At least I hope so.

Thanks.

BlueLagoonSD
06-08-2004, 11:16 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIM99 by the way. Even though i dont know you, hope all your wishes come true..

timd99
06-09-2004, 09:04 AM
Thanks! :D

Everyone on this board has been so cool! Its a great resource to have a local board - I gotten more out of SDreefs in a few months than I have gotten out of Reefcentral in years. And met some very cool people.

I wish you were back in business SDlagoon, cause I got some Birthday Money to BURN!! Its the only way I could repay you for helping us all have a great reefing community.

To early for a celebration beer? I think not. CHEERS!

SanDiegoReefs
06-09-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by timd99
Everyone on this board has been so cool! Its a great resource to have a local board - I gotten more out of SDreefs in a few months than I have gotten out of Reefcentral in years. And met some very cool people.

Yesss... I'm so glad to hear this. Timd99, I'm glad you've found this board so useful. Welcome to the club. =]

I still want to have an SDReefs BBQ when I back in August...

-moore

MarLooney
06-09-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by timd99
I agree, its not a showpiece - thats kind of the problem. Its a finger for criminy sakes. Not all of us can have glory corals Mar.... :)

hey you agreed with me! and i don't have glorious corals. i have glorious frags... HAHA. my display tank has only a few corals of decent size. damn 30gal! :p

timd if you decide to frag it PM me and i can walk you through any questions you may have.