PDA

View Full Version : Sdreefs fantasy football!!!!

SmilinAvnger
08-08-2014, 10:36 AM
Buy in $20

Current live draft date:
Aug 31 3:30 PM
Can Anyone else host?
You can do this remotely but it would be nice to see faces.

12 teams

Prizes:
1st Place - $150
2nd Place - $65
3rd Place - $25

Please send PayPal payment to elizabetheikrem@yahoo.com for an invite or make cash payment arrangements with me. Let me know if you send payment via PayPal. It's my wife's account so I don't get notifications.

Interested in playing:
1. Sat Cong - PAID*
2. SmilinAvnger - PAID
4. pigpimpc -PAID
5. sdnd -PAID
6. hughjaas - PAID
7. seanmcknew - PAID
8. paulyboy18 -PAID
9. Goody -PAID
10. liemholly - PAID
11. Yolo - PAID
12. Phildiel -PAID

Again we can increase the number of teams if there are more people interested in playing or start another league as well!

sdnd
08-08-2014, 11:05 AM
not everyone on here has frags or still reefing...but they might want to participate...i think we should do a buy-in like last year.
what does everyone think?

seanmcknew
08-08-2014, 11:53 AM
I'm down for a buy in of cash or frag but would prefer a cash buy in
Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

SmilinAvnger
08-08-2014, 03:04 PM
OK well lets everybody that wants to enter vote for your preference and whether you will participate if it is one way or the other.

Personally I will play either way say a $20 buy in or a frag?

I prefer a frag.

Thanks

BTW I will be out of town this weekend on a camping trip so won't be back till Sunday night.

Everything is set, just waiting for finalization on the buy in and any rule/point changes anybody wants to suggest.

sdnd
08-10-2014, 12:45 AM
20 buy-in book it! I unfortunately can't do a in person draft but we can do teleconference and live via Yahoo like last year??

Sat Cong
08-11-2014, 12:23 PM
OK well lets everybody that wants to enter vote for your preference and whether you will participate if it is one way or the other.

Personally I will play either way say a $20 buy in or a frag?

I prefer a frag.
Thanks

BTW I will be out of town this weekend on a camping trip so won't be back till Sunday night.

Everything is set, just waiting for finalization on the buy in and any rule/point changes anybody wants to suggest.

Let's do 20 dollars buy in...Money talks, frags can walk...LOL
Regarding the rules, let's make sure no team can hoard many position players if not needed....Like QBs...1 start and 1 reserve, that's it, for example...
Unless you guys like "hoarding" as part of the fantasy football strategic moves...LOL

Can the moderator(s) please merge this thread with the SDREEF Fantasy Football - 2014? Thanks!

sdnd
08-11-2014, 12:39 PM
There's no such thing as hoarding...it's call strategic planning...those are the default rules.

I'm in for the buy in. Bring it!!!!

Sat Cong
08-11-2014, 01:24 PM
There's no such thing as hoarding...it's call strategic planning...those are the default rules.

I'm in for the buy in. Bring it!!!!

LOL...There won't be any "Arizona" defense saving your season this time, Andy...

Oh i was the one who had three QB1 and QB2 last season so ya, I played that "hoarding" game too....LOL

paulyboy18
08-11-2014, 02:43 PM
I'm in again if it's similar to last year... Best bet is yahoo live online draft. $20 sounds fine

SmilinAvnger
08-11-2014, 02:56 PM
Updated for cash buy in.

sdnd
08-11-2014, 06:42 PM
Can we do like last year? 12 teams...1st gets 200 n 2nd gets 40...that way it pushes everyone to play hard for the prize...:)

SmilinAvnger
08-12-2014, 07:16 AM
Can we do like last year? 12 teams...1st gets 200 n 2nd gets 40...that way it pushes everyone to play hard for the prize...:)

Count is 8 so far. If we get more we can certainly adjust the reward structure.

pigpimpc
08-18-2014, 07:39 AM
so its his thursday?

goody
08-18-2014, 08:11 AM
I'd be in again for $20 or more buy in. Don't have a tank now, so not interested if playing for frags.

paulyboy18
08-18-2014, 08:37 AM
so its his thursday?

Looks like it, but it's not going to work for me. I got elected to the BOD where I live and that's the first meeting, Thursday at 6pm :/ I can do Friday or Wednesday... We still have time anyways because of the preseason games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmilinAvnger
08-18-2014, 09:31 AM
We are at 9. Need 1 more. You can set up your account to do an autodraft for you Paulyboy, or I have no problem moving it to next week? Wednesday the 27th?

I haven't received any money yet. If you are planning on paying at the draft let me know please. We can expand the league so if you are interested in participating don't hesitate to let us know!

sdnd
08-18-2014, 09:33 AM
I think it should be pushed back till after the third preseason game just in case a star player gets injured...Or gets cut.

What you guys think?

SmilinAvnger
08-18-2014, 09:41 AM
Okay we can do Friday evening 8-29, or Sat 30th - Sun 31st 1pmish?

Let me know what works best for everyone and a date will be set for the draft

liemholly
08-18-2014, 09:50 AM
I would like to play. Will send payment thru paypal.

SmilinAvnger
08-18-2014, 09:57 AM
Added Liem, let me know which day you would prefer to do the live draft.

Friday evening 8-29 7 PM, or Sat 30th - Sun 31st 1pmish

sdnd
08-18-2014, 05:18 PM
Think we had 12 last year...Just come join the fun Mike!!

hughjaas
08-18-2014, 05:37 PM
I just paid. I'll be coaching little league thursday at 6 so I won't be able to make the draft if it happens that day.

seanmcknew
08-18-2014, 07:00 PM
I will be paying via PayPal if that is accepted. Is the draft in person only?

seanmcknew
08-18-2014, 07:17 PM
Sorry just re-read first post I will be sending payment via PayPal. Will pm you when I send it over.

Yolo
08-19-2014, 07:21 AM
Let me know if you find another to make it 12 and want to make it a dozen..more Cash. Lying low this year on FF so only really want to get one team not a bunch like last year LOL. I am out of town that time slot so will have to figure out the time zones and go remote.

SmilinAvnger
08-19-2014, 07:27 AM
List updated! Looking for one more. I set the draft date for Sunday 8/31 at 2 PM. We can meet at my house in Serra Mesa or you can do it online remotely.

You will need to setup a Yahoo account if you do not have one already.

hughjaas
08-19-2014, 07:35 AM
I think we had some issue with Yahoo last year. I don't remember what it was exactly but we were going to take a look at ESPN or NFL.com as other possibilities.

SmilinAvnger
08-19-2014, 07:39 AM
Been using Yahoo and ESPN for years with no issues. I like Yahoo's setup better than ESPN though. Anybody else remember what the issue might have been?

Yolo
08-19-2014, 08:00 AM
Monies sent via Paypal...thanks

Mike

hughjaas
08-19-2014, 08:05 AM
Anybody else remember what the issue might have been?

I think it was related to the draft. Someone had trouble (Brian - Goody?) and ended up auto drafting a kicker or something like that.

One thing that did come up last year was that a lot of people gave up halfway through the season. We had very deep benches so people were just hoarding players and those that had injuries had no chance after that. We expanded the playoffs from 4 to 6 so that seemed to help.

Andy (2 Legit 2 Quit) won last year, is he in this year?

SmilinAvnger
08-19-2014, 08:18 AM
SDND is playing. He said he won last year. Sounds like an Andy handle.

Roster is currently set to:
1 QB
3 WR
2 RB
1 TE
1 K
1 D Line
2 D Players
6 Man Bench

I can edit these if a good number of people have a problem with this.

sdnd
08-19-2014, 08:21 AM
That's me! I'm back to defend my title...;)

Yea we south's expand playoffs to 6 teams and only payout top two. That way motivate ppl to stick to it for a big prize.

No extra bench spaces this year please so then it'll keep it interesting.

Start thinking of team names! :)

sdnd
08-19-2014, 08:22 AM
No defense players please..Just defense and one flex player? And then the bench.

hughjaas
08-19-2014, 09:31 AM
how about last place or last 2 places kick in another $10-$20 at the end? use that money to pay for 3rd place. That will keep everyone motivated!

SmilinAvnger
08-19-2014, 09:47 AM
The payout isn't an issue. If $20 bucks doesn't motivate you to play, once you are out of contention for first or second place chances are you are going to stop playing.

Currently set for 6 teams to go to playoffs. I can expand to 8 if preferred.

I can add/switch a position to a flex postion.

I can also lower the bench to 5 or 4 players if more people chime in.

Going to keep defensive players for now, again unless a good number of players would rather not have them.

hughjaas
08-19-2014, 09:55 AM
I like the smaller bench - that will help keep people in the game. Might as well expand playoffs to 8 - doesn't require any more weeks than 6.

sdnd
08-19-2014, 10:07 AM
If there are too many playoff teams then there is no motivation to play during the season but rather to get in and hope you catch someone on a bad week. Keep it 6...smaller bench is great so then it makes ppl more involved on the waiver wire. Defense players are useless...all the ffb I've participated in never seen one with that option. Just saying. I'll go with the majority vote.

paulyboy18
08-19-2014, 10:22 AM
If there are too many playoff teams then there is no motivation to play during the season but rather to get in and hope you catch someone on a bad week. Keep it 6...smaller bench is great so then it makes ppl more involved on the waiver wire. Defense players are useless...all the ffb I've participated in never seen one with that option. Just saying. I'll go with the majority vote.

I agree, I think we should just go with team Def and not def players. That's my vote :)

pigpimpc
08-19-2014, 11:52 AM
you can also do a $5 prize for loser bracket haha

Sat Cong
08-19-2014, 01:42 PM
I am in, just need to pay to play! Thanks!

And I like ideas on keeping the league competitive to the end like last 2 places had to pay extra money for third place finisher...
It's really annoying hearing people say they "giving up" or "don't care" with this "bad" league and since "other 2 leagues are doing well like in 1st or 2nd place"...
Well, you can do that and just pay more for your "generosity"...LOL

Yolo
08-19-2014, 01:51 PM
Steve,

These guys don't have enough mental capacity to handle defensive players. It will just confuse them so yes, delete those. I worked with these guys last year. Don't make it too complex or they will all complain. And they will complain if you beat them so LET THEM WIN. So what happened last year was they guys that could not get into the playoffs wanted more teams so the guys that were leading ended up kicking tail at the end of the season so if I remember, the guy in First at the end of the season did not win overall. Derek got jacked if I recall? ha ha ha...(friendly laugh)

So they suggested a Cash prize for 1st at season end, and then Cash for Playoff winner...

YES I am certainly joking and YES you can take it out on my team.

We had one extra bench spot last year and that was not productive. We only had ten teams so be careful, with 12 there are less players.

If you want to get fancy let the FLEX player be a QB, TE, WR, or RB and that will jack up points.

Otherwise, let the games begin and I will play under any terms. I will also engage in any side pots per week on match play if anyone is interested.

Thanks for stepping up!

M

sdnd
08-19-2014, 01:56 PM
Flex including a qb? Lol that'll be interesting...either way let's keep it simple and get our game on! :)

Sat Cong
08-19-2014, 02:07 PM
Steve,

These guys don't have enough mental capacity to handle defensive players. It will just confuse them so yes, delete those. I worked with these guys last year. Don't make it too complex or they will all complain. And they will complain if you beat them so LET THEM WIN. So what happened last year was they guys that could not get into the playoffs wanted more teams so the guys that were leading ended up kicking tail at the end of the season so if I remember, the guy in First at the end of the season did not win overall. Derek got jacked if I recall? ha ha ha...(friendly laugh)So they suggested a Cash prize for 1st at season end, and then Cash for Playoff winner...

YES I am certainly joking and YES you can take it out on my team.

We had one extra bench spot last year and that was not productive. We only had ten teams so be careful, with 12 there are less players.

If you want to get fancy let the FLEX player be a QB, TE, WR, or RB and that will jack up points.

Otherwise, let the games begin and I will play under any terms. I will also engage in any side pots per week on match play if anyone is interested.

Thanks for stepping up!

M

LOL, last year....

Mike, I also remembered we once went head to head 2x and I won both....Thanks for the donation! (Heehehee...good times!)
Yea too bad my team had many main players that either went cold in the end of season or rested for the playoffs...No bueno...

Yolo
08-19-2014, 02:08 PM
Do some 12 player MOCK Drafts...tough with that many people.

sdnd
08-19-2014, 02:14 PM
Makes you value your draft even more with these many teams and good scouting during the season...Lol

Who wants my title? :p

Yolo
08-19-2014, 02:25 PM
Scouting? We all play on emotion and gut feel?

Phildiel
08-19-2014, 03:11 PM
Defensive players is really cool because you get points on both sides off/def.
Anyway is there room for one more. I came in 2nd or3rd last year.

Yolo
08-19-2014, 03:27 PM
yeah, I played in a league last year that had Def Players...mostly they don't do much but you get lucky every now an then with an INT or SACK...it was on ESPN.

My Favorite league is a 2 QB League...those are fun...

sdnd
08-19-2014, 06:24 PM
Add Phil for the last slot and I think we are set!

sdnd
08-19-2014, 06:24 PM
Make a deadline for the PayPal so we for sure get everyone's money before we start.

pigpimpc
08-19-2014, 07:59 PM
Add Phil for the last slot and I think we are set!

I said i would help steve so:

Interested in playing:
1. Sat Cong
2. SmilinAvnger - PAID
3. jt-milstead
4. pigpimpc
5. sdnd
6. hughjaas - PAID
7. seanmcknew
8. paulyboy18
9. Goody
10. liemholly - PAID
11. Yolo - PAID
12. Phil

full league no more entrants

Defense: Team defense no defensive players unless steve overrides

Paypal: Due this sunday 11:59 pm let us know if u cant get it in by then. Steve can change this too haha.

Please post or pm your cell phone #'s so I can remind u guys day before and morning of the draft.

Sat Cong
08-20-2014, 07:36 AM
For a start...

http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/FFLranks14top300/2014-fantasy-football-rankings-preseason-top-300

Didn't realize our man Rivers is at 14th rank on QB...With that many weapons he has this year?

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/draftanalysis

SmilinAvnger
08-20-2014, 10:25 AM
So...

Slots are filled, though if we get enough interest I can start another league.

I will send an invite to join the league once payment has been made.

This means that those of you paying cash won't be able to get into the league until after we meet.

I am willing to meet with anyone(within reason. I can always be tempted to travel a lil further for a lil frag of something I don't already have:angel:) to accept a cash payment if you cannot PayPal me.

Please message me if you are planning on showing up at my house and paying cash the day of the draft.

If you have not made payment via PayPal or otherwise made arrangements directly with me, I will give your spot away to any stragglers that have expressed interest in joining after this coming Sunday, 8/24

If you do pay through PayPal, please message me your email address and cell number and I will send you an invite to the league right away.

I have moved the draft time to 3:30 PM to accommodate one of participants.

Let me know if anyone else has a problem otherwise we should be a go for Sunday, 8/31 at 3:30. Feel free to show up at most an hour early (2:30) to get setup on the wifi.

I will have cables available as well in case someone needs to be hardwired.

Please keep let me know your preferences for rules if you have not already so that I can adjust accordingly.

Thanks!

Yolo
08-20-2014, 10:58 AM
Paypal last year was perfect. I just left the money in there all season and returned it to each owner afterwards. The one year we went cash it all fell apart and we spent all the money on booze. I think Andy got paid....

Yolo
08-20-2014, 02:35 PM
Also don't forget to determine how much time between PICKS. The Mock Drafts go 30 seconds and that is short. Two minutes is too long. One minute is about right in case someone goes autopick....that makes for 12 minute rounds, 12 times 15 rounds is 3 hours! Which is why you need to determine how many are going to be in person vs. online, vs. Auto.

Just some comments.

Yolo
08-20-2014, 03:27 PM
Please be sure and let us know what time you lock that draft down to...and what time that is PST vs. what they have on their draft (sometimes it's Eastern Standard Time)...I will be in another time zone and need to co-ordinate...

Thanks

mike

seanmcknew
08-20-2014, 06:45 PM
Payment sent via PayPal

SmilinAvnger
08-21-2014, 08:58 AM
PayPal is the preferred payment method for sure.

We are going to stick with 3:30 PM PST Sunday August 31st I think.

Again, you can show up at my place to do the draft as early as 2:30 to get set up.

Please let me know if you are planning on showing up.

Thanks!

SmilinAvnger
08-22-2014, 07:08 AM
Get your monies in ASAP! 9 more days and 7 hours until the live draft!

james-vader
08-22-2014, 07:58 AM
i would like to join if someone doesn't make payment

SmilinAvnger
08-22-2014, 08:21 AM
This Sunday is the deadline James. If I don't get payment from one of the others, you are in!

Though if I hear from a few more that are interested we will have enough to start a second league.

paulyboy18
08-22-2014, 09:42 AM
Just Paid! Thanks

james-vader
08-22-2014, 10:46 AM
okay sounds good

Phildiel
08-24-2014, 12:33 PM
Payment sent.

sdnd
08-24-2014, 12:44 PM
payment sent...please confirm. thanks!

SmilinAvnger
08-24-2014, 12:45 PM
I will b home in about an hour and will add u guys. Send me ur email addresses too please.

goody
08-24-2014, 12:48 PM
Payment sent via paypal

paulyboy18
08-24-2014, 01:07 PM
Just as a FYI we only have 7 in the league as of right now?!?

SmilinAvnger
08-24-2014, 01:10 PM
I think 3 more are being added today. I can confirm when I get home

SmilinAvnger
08-24-2014, 02:21 PM
If I have your payment but you have not received an invite to the league, let me know.

My wife forwards me the receipt but I don't have your email address.

SDND Andy I need your email

and

Judy.

I have both your payments.

SmilinAvnger
08-27-2014, 07:22 AM
Updates made...

My wife has made a liar out of me. Or at least not a very good listener. So we have a family thing Sunday afternoon and I cannot host the draft then.

I can host most Friday evening or Saturday afternoon if that works for everyone? Otherwise I will keep it as is. Someone else may step up and open their home to the few of us that want to meet, or we can all do it remotely.

Let me know and I will update the first post. Sorry for the trouble!

SmilinAvnger
08-27-2014, 07:40 AM
BTW... whose email address is lddog1970?

sdnd
08-27-2014, 07:43 AM
I'm still not getting an invite

SmilinAvnger
08-27-2014, 07:57 AM
PM'd you the link a lil earlier this morning.

sdnd
08-27-2014, 07:59 AM
Oops ok got it! Time to defend...lol

hughjaas
08-27-2014, 10:15 AM
I can host most Friday evening or Saturday afternoon if that works for everyone? Otherwise I will keep it as is. Someone else may step up and open their home to the few of us that want to meet, or we can all do it remotely.

Remotely on Sunday will work for me.

liemholly
08-27-2014, 10:57 AM
BTW... whose email address is lddog1970?
That's me.

SmilinAvnger
08-28-2014, 08:48 AM
So I am being lazy. 1 person has paid but has not setup their team yet. Who is that? Do you need a new invite? I can send you a direct link.

Let me know!

We have space for 1 more.

First payment in gets it.

Therapy
08-28-2014, 09:02 AM
I would enjoy playing. Payment sent

Yolo
08-28-2014, 07:22 PM
Marde is in the House! Another person to beat....

sdnd
08-28-2014, 07:24 PM
Who's ready? I need to make sure I'm home on Sunday...

So we doing top three for payout?

Phildiel
08-28-2014, 07:48 PM
Random draft order?

sdnd
08-28-2014, 07:48 PM
Better be random LOL

sdnd
08-28-2014, 07:49 PM
Random and snake right??

SmilinAvnger
08-29-2014, 07:27 AM
Not sure what snake is, but yes the draft order will be randomly chosen by the system.

Yolo
08-29-2014, 09:44 AM
Draft order randomly set by system 30 Minutes prior to Draft. Log in at that time to see where you land..

GL

james-vader
08-29-2014, 12:06 PM
am i still in?

SmilinAvnger
08-29-2014, 02:22 PM
Sorry James! I wasn't able to get in touch with you yesterday and Therapy stepped in.

Therapy
08-29-2014, 09:26 PM
[QUOTE=Yolo;894181]Marde is in the House! Another person to beat....[/QUOTE
This league just got much harder to win.
:cry:

SmilinAvnger
08-29-2014, 09:45 PM
Finally! The league is registered and full!

Phildiel
08-30-2014, 05:49 AM
Locked and loaded!

pigpimpc
08-30-2014, 03:21 PM
Just a reminder guys the draft is tomoroow

SmilinAvnger
08-31-2014, 01:52 PM
10 minute warning! Set up your draft picks now if you haven't already!

SmilinAvnger
08-31-2014, 02:22 PM
I mean now 10 minutes! :)

Sat Cong
08-31-2014, 05:10 PM
Does everyone like who they have on the team? Auto pick or not?

I thought my team is better than last year in term of being a balance team...Solid running back corps, QB, and WRs...At least for now...LOL

pigpimpc
08-31-2014, 09:21 PM
last year in another leauge i thought i nailed the draft and it was my worst season lol

gotta wait till week 1 or 2 to see if drafted right hehe :)

i drafted a few players im uncomfortable w and a little older than i wanted hehe

Sat Cong
09-01-2014, 11:03 AM
last year in another leauge i thought i nailed the draft and it was my worst season lol

gotta wait till week 1 or 2 to see if drafted right hehe :)

i drafted a few players im uncomfortable w and a little older than i wanted hehe

Haha...Well, in my case last year, I was kicking butt Wk 1 all the way until playoffs and fizzled out when it counted more...
Ya too early to tell if we drafted right but hey, injuries and underachieving players, we can't avoid...

Yolo
09-01-2014, 05:05 PM
Yahoo ranked my draft B- but I had to make a choice and go for a Top 3 QB or Good Running Backs. Last year went with RBs and one got hurt. RBs seem to hurt me by getting hurt so I went with our boy in Denver this year. With only 4 bench players we should have a little wiggle room on upgrades....takes a few games to see where everyone settles down.

I thought it was a good draft.

Yolo
12-22-2014, 07:54 AM
And the 2014 SDReefs FF League Champion is......

Sat Cong
12-22-2014, 08:45 AM
And the 2014 SDReefs FF League Champion is......

Looks like Hugh Jaas has ran out of Luck....8-)

Marde is, right?

sdnd
12-22-2014, 08:47 AM
Congrats to the new champ! Well deserved!

See everyone next year!

hughjaas
12-22-2014, 02:26 PM
Final standings: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/714161

Made it to the playoffs despite the first pick- not bad. Jimmy Graham did nothing for me.
Yep, my Luck ran out. Can't wait til next year. Congrats Marde!

SmilinAvnger
12-26-2014, 08:38 AM
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m613/smilingavenger/misc/Capture.jpg

Congrats to Marde, Darryl and Brian!

Remind me what your PayPal email addresses are and I will send you your winnings.

Thanks for playing!

Yolo
12-26-2014, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the fun weekends guys...see you next year. Honorable mention to Colorado Bulldogs who pulled out a 9th place final finish with the fewest points scored!

SmilinAvnger
12-26-2014, 12:48 PM
My boys only show up when it matters! Playoffs baby! Ofcourse... that was the consolation bracket...