PDA

View Full Version : sokal, moore, acoustic

suver569
06-07-2004, 08:38 PM
How hard is it to assign titles to people. Like the Senior member title most people have. It would be fun to have other members pick out titles for everyone else, like marlooney is "prop monster", it fits him well.

SanDiegoReefs
06-07-2004, 08:43 PM
Custom user titles are generally self-assigned under the USER Control Panel. We could come up with names for people, but it'd be up to them to set them. (I could go in and change it for them, but 1. that'd be lame of me, and 2. they could always set it back to whatever they want.)

Otherwise, there are tiers of "user groups." That is where you see Senior Member. These are all based on number of posts.

-moore

suver569
06-07-2004, 08:45 PM
Lol, I thought they were moderator assigned. It would be fun to have everyone else pick out a name for others though :p

suver569
06-07-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by SoKaL ReeFiN
That would be pretty lame of Moore to give people titles without their consent. :p Moore's nice enough to let you guys change them on your own. (Especially without that ***, minimum of x amount of posts to do so crap..)

Well of course with consent.

SanDiegoReefs
06-07-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by SoKaL ReeFiN
(Especially without that ***, minimum of x amount of posts to do so crap..)

Hah, actually... it's just set to default, 10 posts and/or 10 days registered. But nobody's asked to change it, so I guess it's not a problem yet.

-moore

Acoustic
06-08-2004, 12:01 AM
I was here. Now I'm gone.