PDA

View Full Version : nlp with finding the tank for me. noob

Camgerace
07-06-2014, 04:41 PM
hey im looking to get into the aquarium hobby. im looking to get a 50-70 gal salt water tank. looking for any advice. I have really no idea.

Bogg
07-06-2014, 05:21 PM
Do some reading about the hobby
Then do more and more and more join sdmas also

CMD2213
07-06-2014, 05:22 PM
Check your other thread as well myself and another member responded

Camgerace
07-06-2014, 07:04 PM
thanks

specvjeff
07-06-2014, 07:52 PM
You definitely need to read through some build threads to see what all is involved in setting up an aquarium. We can certainly tell you what you need but until you do some research on what it takes to get started, you won't really have any idea what you are getting into. Start in the member build thread section and read through some of them. That'll give you an idea of the equipment you need to get in addition to your tank. You should start to see trends on lighting, filtration etc. Then I'd start looking into cost. This isn't a cheap hobby so it's best to have a reasonable understanding of what it will cost so that you aren't overwhelmed or attempt to cut corners that lead to bad habits.

DaveMorris
07-06-2014, 09:11 PM
I would start by determining what you want in a tank. Do you want a reef? Fish only? Find some livestock that you like and then figure out what kind of home the livestock you like needs to live in. As Jeff said, you can get many ideas from the build threads here. Ask a lot of questions both here on the forum as well as SDMAS get togethers. We usually have them every month. Not sure what area you live in, but if you are up in north county there is a north county club that gets together as well.

pigpimpc
07-19-2014, 11:59 AM
Look no further I have a 40 gallon, a 50 gallon regular, and a 60 gallon cube that I will let go for cheap and will come with extras I have a deal that won't be beat

chris

619 370 9851 or pm me