PDA

View Full Version : Canister filters

dacabanas
06-07-2014, 09:55 AM
I am reading all the reviews and information on canister filter. I have researched Ehiem, Fluval, API Filstar and Cascade.

I am confused on which one would be best for my 55g tank. I am looking for something that is quiet, easy to setup, easy to clean and doesn't leak. I am hoping to find something that is cost effective and will last more than a year as some of the reviews I have read.

I am hoping the more experienced folks on here can give me some concrete direction so I am not making multiple trips to the store to return, buy additional parts, etc.

moerena
06-07-2014, 01:19 PM
I use to have the rena xp3 and I loved it. Easy to clean, quiet and it had baskets inside so you can, swap out the media to whatever you want to run

Funkateer_1
06-07-2014, 01:35 PM
Eheim Ecco Filters are probably the best on the market now, they come with really good filter media too. Cascades are great for a more economical option. Stay far away from Fluvals.

offroad537
11-05-2014, 11:45 AM
I have a fluvial for five years. I hooked up my con system to it and it works great it's been running for five years now and never had one problem.