PDA

View Full Version : Someone leave town and forget there prop tank and breeder tanks?

SDFISHMAN
04-07-2014, 07:05 PM
Not sure who but by the scale of stuff they must be on here. Sad to see all the fish and corals left to die.

cutterx23
04-07-2014, 07:21 PM
I'm confused is this like a lost and found? Any more info?

ReEfErAdDiCt
04-07-2014, 07:35 PM
Are you talking about at MAX?

h20poloman
04-07-2014, 07:47 PM
What happened Justin?

Livinlocal
04-07-2014, 08:00 PM
What !? Sounds like something bad may have happened. That's not something you just forget..

moerena
04-08-2014, 08:18 AM
I think it might be time for a rescue mission.

AFUreef
04-08-2014, 10:53 AM
I'm confused is this like a lost and found? Any more info?
Ya me too. Any more info?

SDFISHMAN
04-08-2014, 02:57 PM
Neighbor came over and asked if I could help assist him with moving some fish. I guess someone who lived down the street moved and left everything behind to die. Pretty sure by the scale of equipment and prop tanks he or she would have to be on SDreefs. I even seen some of my old drums I used to sell in there. Sad.

SmilinAvnger
04-08-2014, 03:15 PM
Ugh! Awful!

davocean
04-08-2014, 03:18 PM
Hopefully you can assist in rehoming this stuff and animals, and it would be my opinion you should allow yourself some compensation for your time in doing so.

SDFISHMAN
04-08-2014, 03:22 PM
Hoping whoever it is would PM me or give me the ok to relocated some of the stuff. Not looking to make a penny just want the stuff to go to a good home..

SmilinAvnger
04-08-2014, 03:29 PM
Oh! It's still alive? I thought you found a dead tank! Well that is better!

ReEfErAdDiCt
04-08-2014, 03:35 PM
Me and a buddy would like to help if needed. We both have large tanks and could probably rehome some stuff as well as take some of the equipment. That definitely is sad though. I can't believe somebody would leave animals to die like that.

davocean
04-08-2014, 03:43 PM
Hoping whoever it is would PM me or give me the ok to relocated some of the stuff. Not looking to make a penny just want the stuff to go to a good home..

Well good karma on your side bro!
Who knows what made someone run off and ditch gear and animals, if they are still around.

SmilinAvnger
04-08-2014, 03:46 PM
Yeah happy to help too! :)

SDFISHMAN
04-08-2014, 04:06 PM
Everything has been moved to the neighbors house. I'll ask him what he is going to do with the livestock since it's not mine to part out. Hopefully someone with info on here will pm me and I'll be able to help place some of the the livestock. Whoever it was left the whole house behind not just the fish. Neighbor said they skipped town..

Well good karma on your side bro!
Who knows what made someone run off and ditch gear and animals, if they are still around.

davocean
04-08-2014, 04:12 PM
Everything has been moved to the neighbors house. I'll ask him what he is going to do with the livestock since it's not mine to part out. Hopefully someone with info on here will pm me and I'll be able to help place some of the the livestock. Whoever it was left the whole house behind not just the fish. Neighbor said they skipped town..

Well I would never want to cash in on someone's bad luck or whatever this is, and maybe you will hear from someone, but if you take the time to deal w/ rehoming I would just consider your time and efforts to have some value is all.
I know you are a person of integrity, and these type of situations can get sticky real easy.

bbandu
04-08-2014, 04:27 PM
Justin let me know if thee is anything that I can do, I have to tanks up and running to help with live stock/live rock if needed.
I can also help with equipment as we'll.

MustangBill
04-08-2014, 05:29 PM
I would love to help. I remember watching a tv show where someone left behind a 300 gallon tank in a house they rented with all kinds of corals and the local reef club came in and saved them all.

h20poloman
04-08-2014, 05:34 PM
Justin, let me know once you have more details. Depending on the livestock I can also get in touch with Fernando @ Birch to see if they would be willing to rehome any of the fish/corals,etc.

kcub
04-08-2014, 06:06 PM
It's sad to hear, that's just like moving and leaving a dog abandoned in your backyard not cool. If you need help please let me know as well.

Kris
04-08-2014, 07:51 PM
Looking around and saw this;

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/atd/4409350180.html

They are selling everything but the tank? Thought you might look at what they have to offer and see if it looks like what might be missing from the set up you are looking at & posting about?

Sure it's a slim chance. I only am posting because of the waste of a reef you are describing drives me crazy.

Hope whomever did this had a legit excuse for their action.

CMD2213
04-08-2014, 08:02 PM
I can try to help as well horrible to hear hopefully everything is able to recoup.
Best of luck.

FDdragon
04-09-2014, 06:44 PM
hey bro, I live in CV as well and can help if need be as well. Just PM me.

Bogg
04-09-2014, 07:31 PM
Justin lmk if the neighbor needs help taking care of things I say he should hold items or whatever is
Parted out their info should be kept in case the guy returns who knows what he's got going on?

MustangBill
04-11-2014, 08:42 AM
Justin, let me know once you have more details. Depending on the livestock I can also get in touch with Fernando @ Birch to seoure if they would be willing to rehome any of the fish/corals,etc.

Good idea, I like your suggestion. Last time I was there though they had a tank in the back that had a lot of extra coral that was not on display so hopefully they would have room.