PDA

View Full Version : Padres 2014

Sat Cong
03-31-2014, 07:46 AM
Let's talk about yoooooouuuur San Diegooooo Padres in this thread!

Oh and all MLB fans are welcome to chime in and I trusted that Jeff will do a wonderful job monitoring this... Afterall, he is your 10th Man Fan of the Padres...8-)

Ok okay, I'll start...Good solid typical Pads win on Opening night!
Great pitching, manufacturing runs, and timely clutch hitting!
They continue to have solid pitching and I know that Dan Celio on Mighty 1090 sport radio station was super excited about their first win and season this morning...

Now come a little non homerism part...How many games can they win with a score 3-1, 2-1 or even 1-0? Or like last night, they came from behind in the 8th started by a no namer Seth who? Brian Wilson ain't the same dominated closer as he once was up in the Bay area, fyi...And also injuries will continue to be their best enemies throughout the season as they can't afford to lose key players or their starting pitcher(s)...

50 cube
03-31-2014, 08:13 AM
Looking forward to the season but it just won't be the same without Jerry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmilinAvnger
03-31-2014, 09:11 AM
Been a long time since I went to a game and walked away with a win. Maybe my unlucky streak has been broken.

All good points Sat Cong... but they looked good last night and Seth who? is exactly right but what a HIT! I am excited and it felt like the fans are excited as well. Fingers crossed for a winning season.

specvjeff
03-31-2014, 10:13 AM
I'm predicting an 84-78 season.

Jeff Saurwein
SDMAS President
SDReefs Moderator
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro

RickSee
03-31-2014, 10:19 AM
I'm predicting a mediocre start with a 10 game win streak in the middle before the all-star break....THEN BOOOOOM a debacle collapse other wise known as every season since 2006. Go Padres though. My team for sure.

Aladin
03-31-2014, 10:35 AM
Born & raised in SD and always back the Chargers and Pads but realistically we hope the friars get to 500 with the organization. It's sad but true that we have a small market team that's a mediocre product at best. Were like a minor league team that doesn't pay any top money to sign or keep studs around like Adrian Gonzo. A local hometown gem. It's nice to see them win with no name guys that come around, but in the long stretch of the season is when talent pays off..

SmilinAvnger
03-31-2014, 10:50 AM
Love Gonzo, but he didn't do the Dodgers any favors last night. Maybe he still loves us too.

Aladin
03-31-2014, 11:12 AM
He loves San Diego but I know him personally, and he's a competitor. He's going to do the best for his team. Im waiting for the day we sign one star like him let alone 2 or 3..

specvjeff
04-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Btw don't hate Derek cuz I'm a fan through thick and thin. I changed my cable provider just to watch them go under .500 last season.

Jeff Saurwein
SDMAS President
SDReefs Moderator
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro

Sat Cong
04-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Again..Same old Pads, good enough pitching to win but runs are oh so hard to come by...
But let's look on the bright side, that Seth Smith tho...