PDA

View Full Version : Tech people ! I need help !

macias619
03-29-2014, 09:23 PM
What's up everyone, I recently bought an iphone 4 off of an electronics recycling program through U of SD and right now I'm looking for a way to cheaply get it unlocked to use for t-mobile(btw I checked the esn and it is a clean phone). At the moment, all I've found are trolls, scams, or really expensive routes. Keep in mind I paid $100 for the phone so I don't want to pay $80 to get it unlocked. I called AT&T and they said to return the phone and purchase a new phone...and that there's no way they are going to unlock it because I don't have the PO's information(ssn, phone #,address) if anyone can help me out that'd be the best ! It is iOS 7.1 (unjailbreakable) thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wholagan
03-30-2014, 04:22 AM
I actually think there is an untethered jailbreak for older model phones with 7.1. Doesn't work with the 5's though so you should be okay using it.

Robert D
03-30-2014, 08:23 AM
Getting it unlocked is different then getting it jail broken. You can unlock any iPhone now running 7.1

Sent from my iPhone

macias619
03-30-2014, 08:30 AM
Yeah I know but I can get it unlocked free if it's jailbroken,

specvjeff
03-30-2014, 09:18 AM
YouTube is an amazing tool for this kind of stuff.

Jeff Saurwein
SDMAS President
SDReefs Moderator
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro

ducmnguyen
03-30-2014, 09:21 AM
[QUOTE=macias619;864421]What's up everyone, I recently bought an iphone 4 off of an electronics recycling program through U of SD and right now I'm looking for a way to cheaply get it unlocked to use for t-mobile(btw I checked the esn and it is a clean phone). At the moment, all I've found are trolls, scams, or really expensive routes. Keep in mind I paid $100 for the phone so I don't want to pay $80 to get it unlocked. I called AT&T and they said to return the phone and purchase a new phone...and that there's no way they are going to unlock it because I don't have the PO's information(ssn, phone #,address) if anyone can help me out that'd be the best ! It is iOS 7.1 (unjailbreakable) thanks !

Try this

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/termsAndCondition

macias619
03-30-2014, 09:26 AM
Youtube is full of scams and trolls and at&t says i have to have the POs last 4 of ssn, phone #, and full name. And i do not have that info. I sent a request anyway but when I called they said it will be denied, still waiting on a followup email

Sent from my Prism II using Tapatalk

unbereefable
03-30-2014, 09:30 AM
Change iOS then jailbreak. I usually use green poison. But then I go back and un-install and delete all the adware.

macias619
03-30-2014, 10:12 AM
I'm going to try a teathered jailbreak, because they have yet to release an unteathered for iOS 7.1, tool me a while to get through all the YouTube poop to find something legit. But anyway if I'm not satisfied with the results ill just resell it on eBay, I'm sure I'll get what I paid back

Sent from my Prism II using Tapatalk

Squid
03-30-2014, 10:33 AM
When AT&T or other carriers unlocks a iphone it is solely for international use only. However any iphone including the iPhone 5 and 5s CAN still be jailbroken and unlocked for domestic use through use of a gevey chip or by jailbreaking and using the tools provided with the jailbreak program. There's a guy on craigslist that jailbroke my 5s for $10 if I can find his number I'll shoot it to you.

macias619
03-30-2014, 10:38 AM
I called AT&T and told them I'm leaving the country but they still said no. I am jailbreaking mine right now free, I appreciate the help though !!

ManTis
03-30-2014, 11:12 AM
Ask someone that u know that has ATT as their carrier to unlock it for u, as long as the phone wasn't reported stolen. I know people that do that all the time.