PDA

View Full Version : ..Incresae message box sizes?

brahm
06-06-2004, 08:17 AM
I'm finding everybodies PM box gets filled up reallllllly fast can we get some more room..tks.

btw Jdubb your box is full

BlueLagoonSD
06-06-2004, 10:12 AM
people tend to forget to delete all the pm that they send. That takes up most of the space. While your deleting ur inbox, you are constantly filling it up with the emails you send.

SanDiegoReefs
06-06-2004, 11:36 AM
Yeah, PM limits are set to help keep bandwidth/storage use down. Otherwise people would never delete PMs and their PM boxes would just grow and grow. The limit is set to 70, which should be plenty. Instead of increasing the limit, people just need to start deleting their PMs once in a while.

If their PM box is full, you can always send a quick e-mail I guess. Though I agree, there's nothing more frustrating than trying to PM someone and hearing "User's PM box is full!"

-moore

brahm
06-06-2004, 11:47 AM
...thanks i'm well aware of how to delet my pm's.. I just find they get filled up rather fast, and sometimes you find you self needing to keep track of certine things. A larger PM box won't take up more bandwith and as far as storage I think it would be pretty minimal it's just another line in the DB for PM.. it's not like your saving graphics, just a couple lines of text.

SanDiegoReefs
06-06-2004, 01:15 PM
Yeah, I know it's minimal, but an extra 50 PMs per 200 users = another 10,000 DB entries. Perhaps we can increase it when we figure out how to pay for new hosting... paypal donations anyone?

ha

-moore

ninhsavestheday
06-06-2004, 01:29 PM
i think 70 is a generous ammount of pms..

nalbar
06-06-2004, 05:16 PM
i think TWENTY is a generous amount.

sounds like sponsor time!

:D

nalbar

nalbar
06-06-2004, 09:39 PM
all he has to do is set up the paypal account.

nalbar