PDA

View Full Version : what are you listening too?

ninhsavestheday
06-05-2004, 01:44 AM
cant sleep.. listening to music.. just wondering what everybody been listening to these days..

me: david crowder band, copeland, chris tomlin, u2, death cab for cutie, phil wickham, something like silas, watashi wa, switchfoot, tree63

and you?

brahm
06-05-2004, 01:52 AM
recently i've been listing to alot of the following..

The Get Up Kids
Promise Ring
Modest Mouse
Johnny Cash
Avail
Husker Du
Decendents (Most played)
Weezer
Soals of Mischief
Tribe Called Quest
pharcyde
Lagwagon

oh and Gorilla Biscuits..

and of course.. always.. gotta have FUGAZI and Bad Religion (no control & 80-85 in regular rotation)..

and the number one I hate to admit it but i find my self sneakign a listen to when i'm all alone is..

KORN..

hahah

ninhsavestheday
06-05-2004, 01:58 AM
oOooOo the get up kids.. i havent listen to them in ages.. how do you like their new album?

brahm
06-05-2004, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by ninhsavestheday
oOooOo the get up kids.. i havent listen to them in ages.. how do you like their new album?

rofl.. haven't heard it. oh i fergot one more band.. how can i fergot them..

At the drive in

O--yea good stuff.

Go Hernando
06-05-2004, 02:26 AM
I hear Get Up Kids are touring with Dashboard Confessionals and Thrice. The tour is here Sunday night at Cox but I'm not sure if Get Up Kids is actually coming. I got tickets and they aren't on there so I guess we will just find out Sunday.

ninhsavestheday
06-05-2004, 02:37 AM
yeah theyre gonna be there

http://thegetupkids.com/

Fo8sQuaD
06-05-2004, 11:22 AM
Yeah they're gonna be there. I have two extra tickets if anyone is interested. I paid about $30 each with ticketmaster charge but i'll trade for some frags or sell em' for $40 for both. THey're in section A row 13. Let me know if anyone's interested.
Terrance
626-274-4608
Oh, i've been listening to Morrissey, Franz Ferdinand, The Shins, The Cure, Postal Service, Modest Mouse, and Wheat.

brahm
06-05-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Fo8sQuaD
Yeah they're gonna be there. I have two extra tickets if anyone is interested. I paid about $30 each with ticketmaster charge but i'll trade for some frags or sell em' for $40 for both. THey're in section A row 13. Let me know if anyone's interested.
Terrance
626-274-4608
Oh, i've been listening to Morrissey, Franz Ferdinand, The Shins, The Cure, Postal Service, Modest Mouse, and Wheat.

.i saw the cure a couple months ago at coachella.. they may be old a sin now but still good.. What type of frags are you looking for?

Fo8sQuaD
06-05-2004, 12:07 PM
Dont really know. Whaddya got? Mostly softies i guess. Not really looking for anything in particular.
Terrance

BlueLagoonSD
06-05-2004, 12:18 PM
Brittney Spears
Nsync
Justified
98 degrees
Jessica Simpson
B2K

jK:p

ConUSsd
06-06-2004, 12:31 AM
hey anyone got any of the earlier modest mouse cds? i've heard various songs off of each of them but which ones are the better ones?

oh yeah my list:

death cab
fluf
dino jr.
red house painters/sun kil moon
thrills
frank sinatra (seriously, how can you not like him?)
everything but the girl
and misc country songs (yes, i do like country music; check out the new loretta lynn cd. jack white (white stripes) produced the all or some of the songs off the album)

MarLooney
06-06-2004, 01:04 AM
BlueLagoon... i swear i was LMAO!!!!

rigt now my comp has zero MP3s! 80GB went down... i lost so much. *sniffles =(

i was listening to: Oliva (not Newton John) a lot before i lost it all.
now: Avril (don't ask me why... idunno)
PM Dawn (the bliss album... one of my all time fav CDs)
Nas (the first album before he was bling blingin)

seems like you guys all listen to bands... latest bands i've really been diggin: Anberlin, Mae, & Something Corporate

and no, B2*** isn't a band.

ninhsavestheday
06-06-2004, 07:37 AM
frank sinatra is a legend!!!! and something corp. new album is amazing.

CNCreefer
06-06-2004, 01:21 PM
I'm listening to Cheap Trick, Dokken, Def Leppard, WASP, Boston, Pink Floyd. I can't stand the new rock music out now. Sounds like screaming into the mic and hammering on the guitar.

tom@kartboy.com
06-06-2004, 01:42 PM
XM radio :)
Fred, XMU, Air America Radio and a bunch of other comerical free digital sounds:D

ConUSsd
06-06-2004, 01:47 PM
viva satellite radio! i have sirius and am never going back to normal radio; at least until someone starts playing howard stern again.

on another note, since a good number of you guys listen to the same music as me out there, anyone going to warp tour this year? i haven't been too into it lately because of the damn kids. i have friends that skate on the tour so i'm debating if i want to go or not; figured i might go because of the cool upcoming bands on the side stages.