PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

WinterAngel
01-24-2014, 12:24 PM
HI!
So orginallly i wanted to sell my 55 gal corner tank. But then a friend turned me to this site and now i am almost convinced to change it from freshwater to salt water.
I have a fluval canister filter.. what else do i need and how should i go about doing it?
Thanks in advanced

cHRoNzZe
01-24-2014, 12:50 PM
Welcome to sdR winter........what route are you planning on going? Reef, fish only ? You can check out members builds on the forms to get some basic knowledge on equipment,set ups, lights...etc. and to view different set ups.....but IMA you will need the basic...sump, overflow box if it's not drill,skimmer, return pump,lights......don't forget the live rock I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot more things............. good luck and happy reefing

bbandu
01-24-2014, 01:32 PM
Welcome to the forum WinterAngel. The first thing you really need to decide is what knid of tank you want, Fish only or reef. Then I strongly encourage is for you to do tons of research on
which ever one you choose. There is a lots of great info here on the site as well as a bunch of good people with a ton of knowledge. So if you have questions dont hesitate to ask.

There are also meeting that you are more then welcome to attend which is another great place to not only meet fellow reefers but gain a ton of knowledge.

Meeting info:
http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?107376-February-SDMAS-Meeting

WinterAngel
01-24-2014, 04:53 PM
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk