PDA

View Full Version : anyone wanna be a vendor at koi show?

Therapy
01-09-2014, 11:26 PM
Koi club of san diego will be holding their annual koi show march 1st and 2nd at the del mar fair grounds. It is to coincide with the san diego home and garden show. This basically will mean very heavy traffic at the koi show as people "wander in" from the home and garden show.
Will SDMAS or sdreefs or any others in the reefing community be willing to be a vendor and have a booth at the koi show? It would be a great way to advertise and educate people in our community about what it is to keep salt water aquariums.

XO PRESENTS
01-09-2014, 11:55 PM
Do you happen to what the rate is for a non-profit? Thanks in advance :)

seareef
01-10-2014, 06:59 AM
Id be interested Marde. Let us know the specifics.

Therapy
01-10-2014, 08:56 AM
The booths are $375 dollars for the weekend (discounted 25 bucks from the actual cost). The show starts saturday and ends on sunday. There is an incredible amount of foot traffic at this silly event, and even more so with the home and garden show being at the same time. They have like 40 vendors at this event
San diego koi club routinely holds the largest koi shows in the united states, and is a very old and respected club.

KDHL
01-10-2014, 09:03 AM
You'll be showing your koi? I need to find the time to come to the koi show this year.

Therapy
01-10-2014, 09:12 AM
You'll be showing your koi? I need to find the time to come to the koi show this year.

I definitely will be showing a couple of koi this year.

I am hoping to host a joint Sdreefs/SDMAS meeting with the koi club some time this year. It would be great to get both of the clubs together at the same time!

Therapy
01-10-2014, 09:14 AM
Maybe share a booth?

The booths are $375 dollars for the weekend (discounted 25 bucks from the actual cost). The show starts saturday and ends on sunday. There is an incredible amount of foot traffic at this silly event, and even more so with the home and garden show being at the same time. They have like 40 vendors at this event
San diego koi club routinely holds the largest koi shows in the united states, and is a very old and respected club.

stevendeboer
05-02-2016, 03:53 PM
Hello,
My wife and I are looking for a few small koi for our large aquaponic system. I saw you in a forum mention you would be going to show your Koi at the Koi show. I don't need show quality but maybe some of your rejects? Either way if you could let me know if you have 10-20 to spare and what that would cost that would be awesome. If you don't have/sell koi please excuse me! You PM box is full...
Thank you,
Steven DeBoer

jschnepf
05-02-2016, 11:21 PM
This thread is well over 2 years old, and if I recall correctly, Marde moved out of state over a year ago. Good luck with your search for koi, I know there is a place in olivenhein that sells koi and related supplies.

Hello,
My wife and I are looking for a few small koi for our large aquaponic system. I saw you in a forum mention you would be going to show your Koi at the Koi show. I don't need show quality but maybe some of your rejects? Either way if you could let me know if you have 10-20 to spare and what that would cost that would be awesome. If you don't have/sell koi please excuse me! You PM box is full...
Thank you,
Steven DeBoer

cshplumber
05-07-2016, 08:51 PM
San Diego Ponds & Gardens is in Poway in Midland. They have large tubs of small Koi bro, basic to fancy. Where are you located?

CMD2213
05-07-2016, 09:46 PM
Aquatic warehouse has some koi as well I believe on the. Back right side .
Enter go straight then right few feet straight then right few feet then right again and there's some crates with koi

Therapy
08-07-2016, 12:42 AM
http://www.vagabondkoi.org

MadMax
10-15-2016, 11:50 AM
We would consider a booth exchange if that is something the club would be interested in.

Kevin Adams, President
Marine Aquarium Expo
714-530-1094