PDA

View Full Version : Solutions for hiding gifts

naso tang
12-24-2013, 10:24 AM
This turned out really well. Had two extra water mixing trash cans, turns out I can stuff em with gifts and zip tie the lids closed so the kid or wife don't get into em. Good thing u had those or I wouldn't know where to hide gifts this year!

Saduran86
12-24-2013, 10:31 AM
That's a really good idea

naso tang
12-24-2013, 10:44 AM
Yeah, we've got a hamster from Santa in a cage inside a Rubbermaid container in the closet. Hopefully the dogs don't go nuts and reveal it. Needs to stay hidden about 20 hrs...

Jhuneke
12-24-2013, 11:29 AM
Hope there's air holes!! How fun! I stopped trying to hide em once my kids got a little older.. Now I put them in a spot in garage throw blankets over then wrap a rope around all crazy looking.. And tell em it's booby trapped. That I can tell if they touch it.. And then it all goes to charity, along w the USMC Toys for Tots. This year I also just wrapped a bunch right away.. We color code each person gets a diff wrapping paper.. But I won't tell em who gets which till Xmas morning! ;)

naso tang
12-24-2013, 12:24 PM
Hope there's air holes!! How fun! I stopped trying to hide em once my kids got a little older.. Now I put them in a spot in garage throw blankets over then wrap a rope around all crazy looking.. And tell em it's booby trapped. That I can tell if they touch it.. And then it all goes to charity, along w the USMC Toys for Tots. This year I also just wrapped a bunch right away.. We color code each person gets a diff wrapping paper.. But I won't tell em who gets which till Xmas morning! ;)

Brilliant solution with the wrapping paper assignment! I guess it's ok in they know where the gifts are as long as they are wrapped and they don't go digging. Those that do get coal...

KDHL
12-24-2013, 12:25 PM
Make sure you don't push that trash can out on the trash pickup day! :D

naso tang
12-24-2013, 01:31 PM
No worries trash man already came. Bad news is I forgot to put out the trash!

jada1
12-24-2013, 08:17 PM
I just make the kids shop for their gifts..lol

DaveMorris
12-24-2013, 10:28 PM
When I was a kid, a hundred years ago, my dad did all of the Christmas wrapping on the gifts from Mom and Dad and everything from "Santa". He would use numbers to differentiate between my sister and I and wouldn't reveal the code until Christmas morning. He started out just doing odd and even, but as we got older it became easy to figure out who was odd and who was even. One year he made mine be all the numbers that were prime numbers and my sister was the non primes. He would do numbers divisible by three, etc. All sorts of schemes to keep it interesting. They didn't bother hiding them either. They got wrapped as they bought them. My daughter's cello this year isn't getting wrapped. :)