PDA

View Full Version : I lost my wrasse

Briandb73
12-11-2013, 10:23 PM
Hey looking for some in site on what happened to my wrasse. I just added a healthy 5 year old cleaner wrasse to my 150 gallon last Saturday it appeared that everyone in the tank was very happy to see him, and it looked like he was doing good as well. He disappeared on Monday I kinda figured he was hiding some were, but tonight I found him dead he looked like he had been beaten up.
Either some one beat him up or he just didn't eat? Looking for ideas do I get another one and hope for the best or is some one going after him?
I have a medium blue tang , two yellow tangs one small one medium, a medium sailfin tang, a Heniochus Black & White Butterflyfish, two purple fire fish, a diamond golby, and a large starry blenny.
Any thought would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

XO PRESENTS
12-11-2013, 11:34 PM
Time to get a screen top for the tank bud, wrasses are known for taking that leap of faith and ending up on the floor and drying up. I've learned the hard way unfortunately :( hopes that helps

cutterx23
12-11-2013, 11:55 PM
Cleaner wrasse are notoriously difficult to keep. Likely never ate. And got sick and died. What is the purpose for getting the cleaner wrasse? To clean fish or personal preference? If it's to clean fish just get a cleaner shrimp. Cleaner wrasses can irritate fish when they go to clean them as they are not always invited, whereas a shrimp will more set up a station where the fish can go to be cleaned. If you just like the fish then give it another try and hope this one survives. But very difficult.

AFUreef
12-12-2013, 08:28 AM
Cleaner wrasse are notoriously difficult to keep. Likely never ate. And got sick and died. What is the purpose for getting the cleaner wrasse? To clean fish or personal preference? If it's to clean fish just get a cleaner shrimp. Cleaner wrasses can irritate fish when they go to clean them as they are not always invited, whereas a shrimp will more set up a station where the fish can go to be cleaned. If you just like the fish then give it another try and hope this one survives. But very difficult.
I agree with cutter... Cleaner wrasse are very hard to keep even in a established system

clira13
12-12-2013, 04:57 PM
I agree with cutter... Cleaner wrasse are very hard to keep even in a established system
+1...

Briandb73
12-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Thanks every one for the advice I think I'll pick up a cleaner shrimp instead. As much as I would like to try another wrasse I really don't like killing fish.
Thanks again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)