PDA

View Full Version : Encino Frag Swap

treylane
01-02-2004, 10:25 AM
Anybody from SD going?
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=267967

Would be nice to get another carpool going. I can drive if nobody else wants to, but I'd prefer it if somebody else would, this time around. :)

Jessica

[G]h0s']['
01-02-2004, 10:55 AM
I have that day off, I'm going to try to go. Did anyone message Dave B yet? I think folks need to RSVP him.

treylane
01-05-2004, 08:51 AM
I sent him an email and he's looking forward to some San Diego folks coming. :)

Food/Drinks are welcome, too.

[G]h0s']['
01-05-2004, 10:27 AM
Great, thanks Treylane!

Flamehawk
01-09-2004, 12:41 AM
I am planing on going too, already got few frags and 1 true percula under my name. :D

Just hope nothing pops up stop me from going.

Let's see who's all going by next Thurs. and Fri., perhapes we can carpool.

take care

[G]h0s']['
01-09-2004, 01:32 AM
I only have mini pick up truck, I would be willing to pay for gas to and from the frag swap. I work 7pm to 7am on friday...I could wake up by noon and get up there unless anyone wants to carpool. George, I just want to go for the heck of it...it seams the corals they have at the swap sound pretty good, but a lot of people have their frags spoken for. I would be EXTREMELY HAPPY if there is a blue tort sps frag available there...I'd pay that $65 for 1-2" frag of it. I'm looking mostly for sps stags of blue or purple color. Anyhow, I think I'm going for sure. Heck, I'll even buy the beers (requested on the frag swap thread). Much of my frags are already spoken for...some monti caps (several frags to personal friends), A. micropthalma to another buddy, and some purple shroomz to be fragged by MarLooney in the near future. My pink digi colonies are still a bit too small to frag. So.....who's all going? -Mel:cool:

Alexsd
01-09-2004, 03:18 AM
I'm thinking of going also...

Alex

treylane
01-09-2004, 08:38 AM
My station wagon just got back from a checkup and is A-OK to go. (*whew!* :) )

I can take 3 aside from Dave and myself, with room left over for coolers and things. I've got a few trades lined up as well, getting some interesting monti caps. Hoping to pick up some interesting leathers or whatever else looks like fun.

Jessica

treylane
01-09-2004, 08:40 AM
http://www.coralsandbar.com/sps.html

FishProf
01-09-2004, 11:28 AM
I plan to go there too.
FWIW.

Flamehawk
01-09-2004, 01:58 PM
Hi, Jessica, this is George. How's going? You disappeared for a while. How's your tank coming along?

Hmmm, speaking of car check ups. I need to replace my motor mount soon.

Well, Jessica been driving for that last few trip, so I will drive too. I got the feeling we might need 2 cars. I guess we will know for sure when we get closer to next Friday.

I don't know how much you all are brining there or back. my trunk space is little bit smaller than Jessica's wagon. Currently have a big styrofon box in there that's perfect for putting things we will get in. Depend on how muchs tuff we all getting, but I would think, that box can fit maybe 3 ppl's stuff just fine, maybe 4. So we might need another cooler/ s. box.

take care for now.

George

treylane
01-09-2004, 08:07 PM
Doing fine, just got busy with work and family stuff over the holidays. :)

I'm less busy now, so seeya all on Tuesday!

treylane
01-13-2004, 09:06 AM
The swap starts at 3pm, Reef Collection opens at Noon, so I think I'll be taking off a bit early on Saturday and making a pit stop at the reef collection (again), they've got a big sale going on this weekend:

---SNIP!---
The Reef Collection recently received a very heavy shipment of corals and fish. We imported over 800 corals and over 1500 fish.

Most of you guys are use to us sending out a price list, but this shipment was just too too large that it would basically take us two days to list everything. A couple of examples could be blue staghorn acroporas for $25, Indo Fairy wrasses for $15, Frogspawn corals for $20-30, all crocea clams for $20-$25 plus much much more.

The special for the week will deal with volume buys. Purchase $50 or more and receive 5% discount, $100 or more 10% discount, $150 or more 15% discount and $200 or more 18% discount. If you are out of state and are interested in any items please contact us for pricing. Discount applies to out of state purchases as well. Discount valid for instore use only if this email is presented that the time of purchase.

ADDITIONALLY***** TWO DAYS ONLY!!!! SATURDAY 1/17/04 AND SUNDAY 1/18/04.

THINKING OF PURCHASING A NEW TANK. WITH A $15 PURCHASE WE WILL BE OPENING OUR BOOKS AND SELLING ALL TANKS (VISIO, CLEAR FOR LIFE, SEA CLEAR, AQUARIUM MASTERS, LEEMAR) AT COST!!!!! NO CATCHES OR GIMICKS.

----SNIP!-----

[G]h0s']['
01-13-2004, 09:50 AM
They got a website?

treylane
01-13-2004, 09:56 AM
http://www.reefcollection.com/

(but they don't exactly have their entire livestock selection online :) )

Flamehawk
01-13-2004, 04:01 PM
dang! that's a sale alright. maybe we will just go there instead of frag swap. hehhehhe

with the amount of purchase we might be doing. I think we need 2 cars, just incase we need the spaces for the goodies. If we do drive ony one car. Than Jess might have to drive again. Since the wagon have just that much more space than my sedan.

But I am kind of feeling bad that Jess have to drive again. She been driving for the past 2-3 trips up north. I know how that feel been the one driving like that. few years back I drove with my friends to convention in vegas. Besides the fun we had there, I drove both way. I was so tired, we made it back, but should of share the driving. we did that 2 times in one year. Driving long distance during night time is definitly a killer, very dangerous when the driver is tired. :o

How many of us are going? So far I know 4 ppl is going for sure. Jess:D, her friend:D, ghost, and me.

Hey, guys I will being my little ice chest with one of those "blue ice" thingy to put our samples from liquid Life. That way should keep it cold until we get back that night. I will also bring that big styrofon box I show ghost the other night at OG. That should be enough to hold all if not most of our live animal purchase. Maybe someone can bring a nother mid size icebox just in case.:D

treylane
01-13-2004, 04:15 PM
I don't mind driving, I was just worried about my car. Now that it's been given a reasonably decent bill of health, there's no problems. :)

[G]h0s']['
01-15-2004, 02:33 AM
Treylane, hello again. George mentioned he might be riding with you. would you have room for one more? namely...me? LOL! Anyhow, if ya dont, i can try to find another mode of transportion. Thanks! -Mel

SanDiegoReefs
01-15-2004, 02:41 AM
For those lucky souls going to the Encino frag swap... I wanted to show you a little of what you're in for.

Some quotes from Dave B about his prop system:

"I have a 1400g outdoor system. I installed a 350g tank underground and it handled my temperature issue. I live in an area of Los Angeles with lots of days at 100+. We had three days of 100+ out here (110 even) and the system hit a high of 83 for one day. And it costs me nothing to run. I plumbed it inline between two tanks and gravity feed it.

The boxes under each tank are 250g sumps, they have about 2-3" of sand in each, and several hundred pounds of live rock. Each Bin alos grows enough chaeto to fill a couple of grocery bags each week. "

And some pics:
http://www.o2manyfish.com/System_Pics.htm

brahm
01-15-2004, 03:53 AM
wonder what he does when it rains.

treylane
01-15-2004, 09:23 AM
Sure, plenty of room for Mel and George. :)

I can fit a third person in the back seat without squishing anybody too much if there's someone else who wants to go.

Jessica

[G]h0s']['
01-15-2004, 11:35 AM
Thanks Jessica, Let me know what time you want to leave on saturday. I know you want to stop by the sale...what a bonus! Anyhow, I get off of work at the hospital at 7am, should be home by 8-830am. Doh! It's all good though. I'll message my phone number to you on AIM. -Mel

Flamehawk
01-15-2004, 11:48 AM
this is crazy, just step away from computer for few min and there is 5 posts already.

hehhehe

take care all.

Flamehawk
01-15-2004, 03:18 PM
I don't know how things going to be like on Saturday. But I think we should try to be there by no later than 3pm. Just so we get to cherry pick and get the sample that LLUSA is giving out.

Gosh is going to be one fun trip.

Those who are still wondering, You are missing out, if you don't go.

darn it, only Thursday still, I thought time suppose to fly.

:D