PDA

View Full Version : Miss America 2014 and ignorant people

XO PRESENTS
09-16-2013, 03:31 PM
I am a very proud American and I know that I am privileged to be living in the " land of the free and home of the brave". Growing up as an American Vietnamese I personally have dealt with many racial issues and have always laughed at how ignorant some folks are. It amazes me how some people are so closed minded and don't know a thing about America. America is a melting pot.. the land of opportunity. It boils my blood my reading some of these post...I just thought I'd share these articles and see your thoughts.... thanks ....

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/a-lot-of-people-are-very-upset-that-an-indian-american-woman

Islandboy
09-16-2013, 03:50 PM
I HEAR ya. Stupid

jasonp87
09-16-2013, 04:36 PM
Pretty lame. I would say as long as you are a citizen of the US you should be eligible to win. This is the United States, there is no "national race". Color should be irrelevant. I say good for her, and I hope she doesn't let these negative, bigoted people diminish her accomplishment.

Wahine
09-16-2013, 04:40 PM
I agree.

XO PRESENTS
09-16-2013, 05:43 PM
Thanks Vince.... just wanted to share how ignorant some people really are... that's all....

longznhell
09-16-2013, 06:00 PM
She's beautiful no matter where she's from

Sun&Ocean
09-16-2013, 07:30 PM
Agreed, some, SOME people are impulsively idiotic.

What can I say Good & Bad exists everywhere!

inurmind
09-16-2013, 09:26 PM
For real though, Ron one of the things I learned a LONG time ago is no matter where you are in the world there is always gonna be a few jack asses, some fools and a little arrogance out there!

...it is what it is