PDA

View Full Version : Running Chemipure in a system with display macro?

Jhuneke
08-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Hi Guys( and girls!)
Wondered if anyone has display macro and also uses Chemipure in their filter area? I was thinking of trying it to help control nitrates in an 8 gallon nano system. I also have mangroves, as well as the dragons breath, dragons tongue, and Codium . Want to make sure they wouldn't starve if I use the Chemipure.

Carter o51
08-04-2013, 01:08 PM
Do you have a nitrate issue? Seems like quite a few types of macros to really need chemipure. Are there fish?

Jhuneke
08-04-2013, 01:19 PM
Well, not too bad considering its a small volume, water changes do the trick if I keep em to 2 a week. Just trying to minimize it a little. It can get to 40 w/ o a wc after a week . I have 2 fairly large blennies in it as well.

Carter o51
08-04-2013, 01:23 PM
I feel like running chemipure wouldn't really be an issue. If its the chemipure elite that also has gfo you might get some slowed growth on macros but i highly doubt they would starve-especially with the blennies

Jhuneke
08-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Yup it's the elite.. But I kinda agree, will give it a shot. If phosphates drop too low, I guess the macro will tell me. I don't run a skimmer on the nano , so just trying to export as much as possible.