PDA

View Full Version : August SDMAS Meeting with Marc Levenson!

specvjeff
08-02-2013, 06:31 PM
The San Diego Marine Aquarium Society is excited to announce that sump guru Marc Levenson of Melev's Reef will be speaking to the club! The topic will be Sumps 101, everything you need to know to make an informed decision. Marc is a renowned speaker in the industry. He's given talks at multiple MACNA's and is a very sought after speaker! Raffle prizes will include a 100gpd Melev's Reef RODI unit, a Digital Aquatics Reef Keeper Lite Basic, a $50 gift certificate to Reefers Garage, and more! Raffle Tickets will cost $1.00 for members and $2.00 for non members. You'll be able to sign up at the event for a discounted rate of $20. The event will be held at the Sunrise Room at the Town and Country Resort in Mission Valley. Parking at the hotel will be discounted to $1.00 per vehicle(normally $2.00 per hour!). To help make up for the cost of parking, show us your parking ticket and we'll give you a raffle ticket! This event is not to be missed! Please see the link below the flyer for the more information about the meeting!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/specvjeff/marcsdmas_zps370100f9.jpg

Click HERE (https://www.facebook.com/events/508428125897665/) for more info!

specvjeff
08-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Had to re post this due to the recent sever issue. Meeting is still on for Wednesday August 7th! Hope to see you all there!

specvjeff
08-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Just an added note, there will be no charge for parking for the meeting!

specvjeff
08-05-2013, 10:06 PM
We lost all the information we posted about the meeting but here's some of the highlights:

Raffle
100gpd Melev's Reef RODI unit
Digital Aquatics Reef Keeper Lite Basic
1p Bowser Paly
2p Tyree Orange Rainbow
1p Pink Andriod
3p CB Fireflys
7p Rastas
1p Creamsicle
$75 gift card to Shipwreck Cove.
$50 gift card to Reefers Garage
$25 gift card to Reefers Garage
$40 gift card to Aquatic Warehouse
Koralia 850 Powerhead

Speaker
Marc Levenson owner of Melev's Reef

Topic
Sumps 101, everything you need to know to make an informed decision

The hotel has waived the $1.00 parking fee but we'll still give away a raffle ticket to everyone who attends.

Raffle Tickets
$1.00 for SDMAS Members
$2.00 for non members

You'll be able to sign up at the meeting for a discounted rate of $20. Everyone is welcome at the meeting! You do not have to be a member to attend. The meeting will be held in the Sunrise Room at the Town and Country Resort. Please see the map below for where to park and how to find the sunrise room.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/specvjeff/tcmapformeeting_zps2cb287a6.jpg

DaveMorris
08-05-2013, 11:13 PM
I hope everyone can make it out to this one. Marc is very entertaining and informative and we have some great raffle prizes! no need to be a member to join in the fun.

specvjeff
08-06-2013, 01:25 AM
I can't echo Dave's comments about Marc enough. Marc is an extremely nice and funny guy. He's also a very knowledgeable and smart guy. When I was having issues with my tank, he went out of his way to call me and try and help me trouble shoot what was going on. You'll certainly learn something at the meeting! The raffle prizes are also really good. Everyone should have an RODI unit and we'll be raffling off a 100gpd top notch RODI unit. I opened the box up to make sure nothing was damaged in shipping and it's a very nice unit! The Reef Keeper Lite is a great little controller and of course the chance to win a Bowser and Soprano Paly is an opportunity too good to pass up! I really hope to see a great turn out Wednesday! The San Diego Marine Aquarium Society has been about sharing the hobby and information with everyone since it's conception. We've stepped things up by bringing in top notch speakers to help with the information and learning part. The venue we've chosen is also a great spot as it's centrally located. Dave has set up to have top notch audio visual so it'll make for a fantastic meeting! Hope to see you there!

BajaReefs
08-06-2013, 04:30 PM
Jesse and Vance...CARPOOL ?

specvjeff
08-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Bump!!!

sdnd
08-06-2013, 06:25 PM
in the future we should setup some webcastings of these speakers...wish i could make it...:cry:

specvjeff
08-06-2013, 06:25 PM
in the future we should setup some webcastings of these speakers...wish i could make it...:cry:

That's harder than you think. A lot of speakers don't like to do that.

specvjeff
08-06-2013, 06:28 PM
Big thank you to Shipwreck Cove. They have donated a $75 gift certificate to the raffle!

specvjeff
08-06-2013, 11:42 PM
Check out the updated raffle list! This looks to be one of the best raffles ever!

Jeff Saurwein
SDMAS President
SDReefs Moderator
Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

jada1
08-07-2013, 06:08 AM
Gonna be a great meeting..will be there.

VW REEFS
08-07-2013, 06:23 AM
yeah sounds good Arnolds coming also

BajaReefs
08-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Sunrise Room

seareef
08-07-2013, 07:11 PM
Full house. Come on down!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Shells
08-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Great meeting and thanks for my Rastas. Yippee!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

specvjeff
08-07-2013, 10:23 PM
Amazing meeting. Big thank you to Marc Levenson for coming all the way out here from Texas! The talk was fantastic and very informative. I also want to give a big thank you to everyone that came out tonight. I saw a lot of new faces tonight and that was great! Stay tuned for more big meetings!

Jeff Saurwein
SDMAS President
SDReefs Moderator

h20poloman
08-07-2013, 10:25 PM
awesome meeting....told Marc he is truly one of the only speakers I can sit still that long and listen to. Great questions as well asked by our fellow hobbyists and of course....what a fricken raffle. Thanks Vance for bringing some zoa/paly awesomeness and DaveM for giving up the bowser since he is breaking down the 300. Hopefully it will do well in my tank and I'll get you a frag back when your new tank is ready.

VW REEFS
08-07-2013, 10:31 PM
your welcome

VW REEFS
08-07-2013, 10:35 PM
like always....great meeting here i am re-doing my sump at 11:30 at night lots of great info...and congrats for all the winners in the raffle i love to give back to the club..and for the peeps that are not members please sign up and support our club.... it benefits all of us at one time or another.....

jada1
08-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Great meeting ...thanx Marc for all your tips..it was for sure a very informative meeting. .man I wanna build another sump for my tank...

pirate2876
08-08-2013, 07:13 AM
Great meeting, very informative. Marc was a great speaker and kept everyone entertained.

Jreed983
08-08-2013, 08:09 AM
This was another great meeting. I'm going to be building 2 sumps soon for 2 different setups and have multiple new ideas I plan to incorporate into them thanks to the info from Mark. And thanks to Vance also for the donations. Finally won something! Guess the new membership paid off right away!!

Sent from Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk

antoneoh
08-08-2013, 08:37 AM
Thanks SDMAS and Marc for putting together another excellent meeting! I'm sure overwhelmed with sump info and now I want to redo everything!

specvjeff
08-08-2013, 01:12 PM
If anyone took pics at the meeting, please post em!

Jeff Saurwein
SDMAS President
SDReefs Moderator

Sat Cong
08-09-2013, 09:54 AM
It would be great to have those vital infos shared by the great reefing gurus (guest speakers) documented and post somewhere on SDREEFS for folks who would like to be there but couldn't...

I am just saying...Thanks!

Vince
08-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Like the huge ad that has been on top of current threads for about 2 weeks now?? The one with Marcs picture on it?? Haha

Sat Cong
08-09-2013, 10:25 AM
Like the huge ad that has been on top of current threads for about 2 weeks now?? The one with Marcs picture on it?? Haha

If you are referring to my post, no....What I meant was the "minutes from the meeting" sort of vital infos...Like what Marcs said or shared for a better sump, what to do and what not to do, etc...

DaveMorris
08-09-2013, 10:39 AM
If you are referring to my post, no....What I meant was the "minutes from the meeting" sort of vital infos...Like what Marcs said or shared for a better sump, what to do and what not to do, etc...

That would be incredibly difficult to do. The best recommendation is to hit his website, www.reefaddicts.com or www.melevsreef.biz and read his article on sumps. All of the material from his talk can be found there, probably in a little more detail.