PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

reefsoul
05-31-2004, 02:24 AM
I Came home and my achilles tang was doing this (PIC)...but he was acting perfectly normal, swimming all over eating algae and occationally picking on my anthias, then all of a sudden he's doing this...but i have been noticing that he might be a lil bloated, but he's always had a big gutt....but, i think it got bigger?.....
what's wrong with him?!?!? (swim bladder?) what could cause this??

Please help me... it's a $70 fish. he's my fav.
-lisa

brahm
05-31-2004, 11:41 AM
whats he doing just sitting on the bottom?

T. VO
05-31-2004, 11:58 AM
You keep saying he's "doing this" but what is it that he's doing? It's kind of hard to tell from the pic.

reefsoul
05-31-2004, 05:19 PM
the piture is kinda blurry, but it's almost like he can't stay 'up'...if he stops flapping his fins, he just sits on the sand( like he's sinking)...he's more active than last night, but still at the bottom. Still breathing heavily, but alert about what's going around him. he has no spots, marks, bumps, or cuts...(i chk him every day for any possible parasties, as well as my other fish) his color hasn't faded either.
but i did mention to my friend the other day, that his gutt was a bit larger than usual...however he's always had a gutt since the day i got him, and always ate like a pig...
it's gotta b something with his swim bladder... :o( in which case there's nothing i can do.
--------->[too bad i can't just sqeeze him a bit and see a bubble or something pop out...and have him be okay again.]

well... ((*sigh*)).....crap.

brahm
05-31-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by reefsoul
the piture is kinda blurry, but it's almost like he can't stay 'up'...if he stops flapping his fins, he just sits on the sand( like he's sinking)...he's more active than last night, but still at the bottom. Still breathing heavily, but alert about what's going around him. he has no spots, marks, bumps, or cuts...(i chk him every day for any possible parasties, as well as my other fish) his color hasn't faded either.
but i did mention to my friend the other day, that his gutt was a bit larger than usual...however he's always had a gutt since the day i got him, and always ate like a pig...
it's gotta b something with his swim bladder... :o( in which case there's nothing i can do.
--------->[too bad i can't just sqeeze him a bit and see a bubble or something pop out...and have him be okay again.]
well... ((*sigh*)).....crap.

..post in the fish diese form on Reef Central you will get some decent advice on there are Search for other people who had the same problem, it's your best bet.

reefsoul
05-31-2004, 08:49 PM
thanx brahm!!!

reefsoul
06-01-2004, 09:19 PM
but it doesnt matter anymore....he didn't make it.
crap, it's these kinds of things that just make people wanna quit all together. if it's not one thing...it's another. say la' vi.

brahm
06-02-2004, 01:15 AM
that sucks, was a good looking fish.

reefsoul
06-02-2004, 02:11 AM
yeah i know.

Bickmade
06-02-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by reefsoul
but it doesnt matter anymore....he didn't make it.
crap, it's these kinds of things that just make people wanna quit all together. if it's not one thing...it's another. say la' vi.

sorry, im late but my fish did the same thing and we tested the water and he had high salinity.