PDA

View Full Version : Where in San Diego can I get a 55w PC ballast? Quickly?

CNCreefer
05-30-2004, 10:03 AM
Where in San Diego can I get a 55w PC ballast? Quickly?

I set up my tank in Oct. 2000 and bought a PLS 2x55w retro kit at AW. The ballast lasted 3 months before it fried. AW replaced it for free, however the 2nd one fried after 8 months.

So I go back to AW to see about getting a new ballast only to find out they will only sell the whole fixture. GRRRR

I go to OG and Ron orders a workhorse 3, which has been running for about a year now. I come home from work to find 1 light not lit. Hmmmmm turns out the workhorse isnt working.

Anyone have problems/ experience with workhorse ballasts? Or 55w ballasts in general?

Right now I have 1 55w PC and 1 20w NO lamp running, the corals need more light. Please help!!!

PS...I just talked to Ron at OG and he told me Custom Sea Life, the supplier who he got the ballast from, no longer exists. Go figure.....

suver569
05-30-2004, 10:45 AM
Workhorse ballasts are usually pretty rock solid. Search Ebay for Workhorse 7 ballast. It's pretty much the best one they have, and they're about 44 bucks shipped to your door. If you go locally, your probably going to take it where the sun dont shine to get one.

Here, this is the guy i got mine from and it took about 2 working days to get here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46314&item=4304506556&rd=1

I'd sell ya the spare on I have but Chap is going to be using it.

reefsoul
05-30-2004, 04:55 PM
hey i got a 2-55w PC jalli fixture that i'm not using if you are interested...LKM cuz i'm headed to OG in about an 1/2 - hour.
-lisa