PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone!

Laddair
03-26-2013, 07:28 PM
Hello my name is Steven. I just started a 4 gallon nano about a month ago. Tank is going well accept a small Cyanobacteria growth in the back but I am currently trying to get rid of it. Other than that everything is going well. The tank I have is a Aqueon Evolve 4 but really is more like 2.5 gallons. I have switched out the stock filter with a carbon media bag and some ceramic rings and sponge which I moved to the pump area so it all flows in a down ward motion. I plan on making the stock filtration chamber into a mini refugium with some sand a small rock and some Chaetomorphia. I'm getting a replacement for the light that came with the tank for a new more powerful one. And plan to Frankenstein the stock light into a small light for the refugium. So I'm glad to be here and if you guys have any tips or tricks that I should know of I would be very thankful.

XO PRESENTS
03-26-2013, 07:42 PM
Hello Steven... welcome to SDR... got questions??? ... ask away... fellow reefers on here are always willing to help... so good luck and see ya around...

Sandbags
03-27-2013, 08:44 PM
Welcome! Start a tank thread and add pictures so we can follow along and give answers/ideas whenever your stuck! I have the evolve 2 but broke it down. I was surprised the light was able to handle a little frogspawn I threw in there.. I really like the evo's you can do a lot of cool things with them. Very versatile.

VW REEFS
03-27-2013, 08:56 PM
lots of water changes,,,i also have a three gallon... welcome to SDR

bbandu
04-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Welcome to the site

antoneoh
04-04-2013, 10:46 AM
Welcome!