PDA

View Full Version : Calling Sd Guitarist

ninhsavestheday
05-29-2004, 02:58 PM
anybody selling any good daul speaker combo amps? Fenders, VOX, etc... i need one

and does anybody know any good place to fix amps, my half stack is dying on me for some reason :|.. playing soon.. need help quick!

sdboogie
05-30-2004, 12:52 AM
I thought that shop around the corner from OG, next to Dream Girls fixed amps. No experience though.

I doubt I could part with my Mesa Boogie Mark IV. Ahhh, tube distortion.

ninhsavestheday
05-31-2004, 07:21 PM
boogie, do you have any experience with fender amps? if you doo.. would you got with a ulitmate chorus or a hot rod deville? i can get the ultimate for about 250.. or the hot rod for 400.. should i save for the hot rod?

Acoustic
05-31-2004, 09:07 PM
I have a Pigskin I don't use.

sdboogie
05-31-2004, 10:50 PM
I don't have much experience with fender amps, except when I've played with someone who had one. I checked out the models you listed, and I would definately go with the deville. Because it is a tube amp. I tried to save money with solid state amps and used rack mount effects to try and get good tone. Then I got my Mesa Boogie Mark IV and found what I was looking for - tube distortion and amplification. It's a beautiful thing, well worth the extra money. HTH

ninhsavestheday
05-31-2004, 10:57 PM
boogie.. man mesas are soooo sweet. if only i can afford one :(.. what do you have hooked up to that thing? do you use any effect pedals? what type of music.. etc

sdboogie
05-31-2004, 11:18 PM
Thank god for birthday's. I play an Ibanez S1520 prestige. It's flame bubinga top with 2 EMGs. EMGs? Do I have to tell you what music - hard rock, metallica, van halen sounding stuff. I used a cheapo digitech multieffects pedal for the non distortion effects. That amp begs you to crank it. The hotter the tubes, the better. At home I usually plug into my Line6 Guitar Port - lotsa different tones through the computer. This reef stuff has definately cut into guitar time and golf time and every other hobby I had. It has a way of doing that. I obsess, so I can only afford a couple of hobbies at a time. Right now its the 40 with the closed loop and sump. You know how it goes. :p

ninhsavestheday
05-31-2004, 11:42 PM
mannn that sounds sweet. ibanez.. never had that much experience with them, but yours probably delievers that HARD rockish sound..

i have a peavy f800 half stack hooked up to.. BOSS-Distortion, ProCo RAT Distortion, BOSS-Digital Delay/Reverb, Ibanez Delay, and Zorg Multi-Effect Pedal --> Fender Strat/ Telecaster, Sammick Guitars.

.. im probably gonna go with the tube! thanks boogie :)

brahm
05-31-2004, 11:53 PM
i've got a fender strat i'm willing to part with no amp though. it's an old school T neck